DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zebra stripes

Dgardner007

Reactions
Hello MPP, I need some assistance here a while ago taking a few spins around the park
I've noticed in my tablet display, I've seen zebra stripes scrolling in 45 degree angle
across bright reflective objects even clouds , be it sun lit or artificial lighting It was really bad on a quick night flight.
i don't have a pic for that but if you can imagine every light fixture having these zebra stripes scrolling through it.... I was quite pissed off especially when ive never seen that before.
At first I thought it was the anti flicker setting , it was set to auto . Im not sure if i changed a camera setting or something. But the good side of this it doesn't show up in the pictures or videos its
just a nuisance.1517062129787.jpg

This is what i see in light fixtures, clouds if its partly sunny , and before yall ask no my car
isn't painted like a zebra. any suggestions would be appreciated.

Have a look at your camera settings. If there one for something like over exposure warning or something. Flick it off and you will see those stripes go away. Im no photographer so havent worked out the point. But it certainly lets you know an area which may be over exposed.

Here's the setting you need to disable in DJI GO to remove those stripes:

DJI-GO-Over-Exposure-Setting.jpg

Reactions: Dgardner007
Yes, it is an overexposure warning known as "clipping". Sometimes I adjust my camera to remove this but often I don't. If you shoot in RAW and then use a software package like Adobe's Lightroom or even Photoshop you can remove the clipping after the photo is taken. You need to look at the overall photo to determine if you want to get rid of the clipping before shooting or after. If you darken the picture then perhaps a face will end up too dark to see the person because the white car is being clipped. But who cares if a white car is clipped? It will simply come out as white. Think of it this way. Your dog is playing in the snow next to a white fence. Clipping will occur on the fence and in the snow. If you close the shutter, reduce the ISO or speed up the shutter speed the clipping may go away but the dog will now be darkened, too. But if the fence and snow are overexposed they will simply come out as white--which is what they are. So set the settings for the camera on the object you want to photograph.

Or simply roll your right thumbwheel and they will go away and you will have a correctly exposed picture!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom