DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zoom camera only takes JPEG

I’m really surprised by this.

I doubt there is really any meaningful advancement (for stills) in either camera then. I’ll reserve my final judgement of if I buy it or not based on any high iso or optical improvements in the wide angle one but other than that, with great back dated lack of geofencing (no FW / SW updates since 2019) and a considerable investment in my M2P, I’m not all that compelled to buy at this point in time.

I doubt there is really any meaningful advancement in either camera then.
I would say that the micro 4/3 sensor is a good improvement for noise / low light photos etc. But yeah doubt I will upgrade at this price.

Well the other problem for me is that the wide camera is even wider (24mm vs 28mm effective) and the telephoto one is way too tight at 162mm effective.

I was really hoping for something in the 35-50mm on the wider setting on the zoom and optically, not digitally by any means.

Might be a good time to pickup a good used MP2 zoom.
I would say that the micro 4/3 sensor is a good improvement for noise / low light photos etc. But yeah doubt I will upgrade at this price.

The no zoom on the Pictures is a Let Down but they had to keep the Inspire 2 alive and well, for this price an Inspire 2 does not seem to bad an idea.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

That thought has been crossing my mind for some time now. It’s just a much heavier and larger bird to deal with than the Mavic platform so that has been my hesitation.

I’m currently working on a two month long fine art project in the Faroe Islands right now, bringing the M2P has been a breeze, the Inspire 2 would have been a bear logistically.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Wait I dont understand what is the purpose of the zoom lens now? Is it just a marketing gimmick and not really usable?

I was really stoked for the zoom function when first rumored. If that had been real, I would have already placed my order.

It's still a great drone, just overpriced for it's current functionality.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
4/3's is meaningless without inter-changeable lenses or a reasonable zoom function. And ISO range is also pathetic at 100-6400. Lol, a Lumix 4/3s from 2011 had 12800 ISO.

What the Mavic 3 brings is bragging rights, and that's about it.

I don't understand why on this "Pro" camera, it only takes JPEG when using the zoom camera?
No matter how many times people use the Z word, there is no zoom camera.
There is a fixed 20MP wideangle camera and a toy fixed tele lens 12MP camera.
But neither is a zoom lens.

Reactions: Johnmcl7 and zeusfl
No matter how many times people use the Z word, there is no zoom camera.
There is a fixed 20MP wideangle camera and a toy fixed tele lens 12MP camera.
But neither is a zoom lens.
Some how the 3 Grand I just spent and the word Toy , dont go together, but I hear the truth. :rolleyes:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I'm not a professional, or even very well versed in photography skills, but to me that "zoom" camera has seemed like a gimmick since the first leaks.

Maybe it will turn out that most M3 users won't even use the zoom camera.
I disagree, this is the only reason I am getting the M3 (well I have others) but this will be the fun part.

Can it zoom in photo mode? Actual flight time 30 minutes per 51 drone multiple tests. Can’t use original Smart Controller. No autonomous flight modes until January at minimum? Way overpriced. Do I hear an enormous thud?
Since Tesla is selling cars with autopilot support in the feature. since 2015 and those people are still waiting until is approved, many companies like DJI now are selling products with "promises" features capabilities without having it actually. I guess this is a lack of respect for the customers selling a product that is not finished or ready.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnny760