DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

107 Certification Advice

Before i passed my 107 test when I wanted to fly at home (inside the 5mi NFZ) I called the tower and let them know I wanted to fly at my home below tree tops about 100ft...... Now i understand because I am 107 certified I cant call anymore.... I need to use the online request process...... but that still is taking the 60-90 days...... when at home its for hobby use, so i can still call right?

If I wanted to fly inside the NFZ for a real-estate video I cant do this 90days in advance....... ill never get the job...... nobody will.... is everyone still calling ATC?

I'd love to chat with anyone who has completed the 107 certification. My company is looking into using drones for inspections and surveying, and I have been tasked with finding out information on the proper certifications. If anyone has any advise on certification training websites or course guides, I'd love to know more.

Thank you.
You'll also want to look into insurance. The company I work for is starting to use sUAS for various tasks. I think we ended up getting $5M in insurance to satisfy the needs of our clients.

Took test Thursday. took 45 minutes and got a 93. here is what I did. Spent 50 bucks on the attached app. kept taking sample question test over and over. Also watched several youtube videos on test prep and questions. Didn't need to buy the 150 dollar on either of the online courses available

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 10.20.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 10.20.34 AM.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 29
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member