DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Goggles, 1 Mavic - requires 2 remotes

I didn't get around tonight to testing this (got tied up working on my car).

Are you saying when you use the 2nd pair of goggles, the display that's hooked to the controller goes out? It doesn't seem like that should be allowed to happen. I won't have time to play with this tomorrow or Friday unfortnately. Saturday though I have some flying time planned.

Reactions: Jaysjob
I didn't get around tonight to testing this (got tied up working on my car).

Are you saying when you use the 2nd pair of goggles, the display that's hooked to the controller goes out? It doesn't seem like that should be allowed to happen. I won't have time to play with this tomorrow or Friday unfortnately. Saturday though I have some flying time planned.

Yes. The RC still works. But the Live view to the iPad/phone or whatever you have plugged into the RC goes out. You can still control the Mavic. You just don't see the live video feed on the iPad/phone. It changes to the map view.

Now I am confused. You have two googles working at the same time with only one controller?

One controller with iPad (that only can show map view) + Main googles + Second goggles (that only display what the main goggles show). Is that correct?

If so that is not one of the modes described in the documentation and while not ideal, it is better than requiring two controllers.

Now I am confused. You have two googles working at the same time with only one controller?

One controller with iPad (that only can show map view) + Main googles + Second goggles (that only display what the main goggles show). Is that correct?

If so that is not one of the modes described in the documentation and while not ideal, it is better than requiring two controllers.

No. Sorry. I said that wrong. I do lose the rc. When you activate the second pair of goggles it breaks the connection to the remote control. If you bind the rc to the Mavic again you lose the connection to one of the goggles.

Okay, so you can use two goggles but the primary pair is used to control the Mavic, the second pair is just for spectating and the remote gets disconnected and serves no purpose?

That means you can run two goggles at once without ever involving the remote, or do you need to use the remote to begin the connection process?

Okay, so you can use two goggles but the primary pair is used to control the Mavic, the second pair is just for spectating and the remote gets disconnected and serves no purpose?

That means you can run two goggles at once without ever involving the remote, or do you need to use the remote to begin the connection process?

Ok. I just tested this. If you connect two pairs of goggles the primary pair has control just like if it were the only one connected. Head tracking the whole bit.
The second pair is the spectator. They can't do anything but watch.
The remote still functions normally but the screen you are using iPad/phone has no video feed. It shows the map view.
I connected everything then shut everything off and powered up again and it held the same. Both goggles, primary, secondary, remote control but no live video just map view on the screen.
I still need the remote to control the drone. You can't do that from the screen set up like this. You could fly with just the goggles but I'm not going to try it. That's a little to hairy for me.

Reactions: Robbyg and Lelantos
Both goggles, primary, secondary, remote control but no live video just map view on the screen.

This isn't so bad. As long as you can still use the remote and primary goggles normally, the second set of goggles are just for spectating. Silly to have to lose the live view on the iPad.

Still, this scenario is not in the documentation. I wonder if you can add a third pair of goggles for spectating?

Ok I have found a solution that works great for me. I use the first goggles like normal, then I set up the second goggles with this dongle setup, which allows me to display what is on the ipad in the second goggle without losing the display on the ipad itself.
That is what I would call a "work around". Not a bad solution, but with the technology built into these goggles, you should not have to do that.

Reactions: Jaysjob and FPVme
That is what I would call a "work around". Not a bad solution, but with the technology built into these goggles, you should not have to do that.
Yes, they should work out of the box, but I'm trying to provide a solution for those who don't want to send their second pair of goggles back because of this issue. :)

Still, this scenario is not in the documentation. I wonder if you can add a third pair of goggles for spectating?

I'm not sure because when you enter the Advanced setup for the goggles it asks the question; is this setup for one pair or two pair of goggles?
And all the verbiage says primary and secondary.
I guess if I ever run into someone with another set of goggles we could try it. It might be good for coaching as in the driver's ed scenario.

Ok I have found a solution that works great for me. I use the first goggles like normal, then I set up the second goggles with this dongle setup, which allows me to display what is on the ipad in the second goggle without losing the display on the ipad itself. Now the pilot can still view the ipad, while two additional views use the goggles. RC Groups - View Single Post - Official DJI Goggles ***Owners Thread***

I wondered about this Fred. I've been looking at cable and connectors but haven't taken the plunge yet.

Yes, they should work out of the box, but I'm trying to provide a solution for those who don't want to send their second pair of goggles back because of this issue. :)

You should post what you used and how you set it up. I'd be interested to see it!

Amazon.com: AnyCast M2 Plus HD 1080P Airplay Wifi Display TV Dongle Receiver DLNA Easy Sharing Mini TV Stick for Android IOS9 WINDOW: Home Audio & Theater
Dongle you need
Amazon.com: SahmSparks YLY0100 Lipstick-Sized 2600mAh External Battery Power Bank for Smart Phones and Tablets - Light Green: Cell Phones & Accessories
Power source to power the dongle
I also had to purchase a Female mini to Female mini hdmi adaptor.
Once you power up the dongle you will get a new wifi source on your phone or tablet, which you sign in the first time with the password provided with the dongle information which will be on the goggles display. Once you connect to the dongle wifi connection you swipe up from the bottom of your display and select AirPlay Mirroring, using the dongle wifi connection.

Here is a close up of my setup.
RC Groups - View Single Post - Official DJI Goggles ***Owners Thread***

Amazon.com: AnyCast M2 Plus HD 1080P Airplay Wifi Display TV Dongle Receiver DLNA Easy Sharing Mini TV Stick for Android IOS9 WINDOW: Home Audio & Theater
Dongle you need
Amazon.com: SahmSparks YLY0100 Lipstick-Sized 2600mAh External Battery Power Bank for Smart Phones and Tablets - Light Green: Cell Phones & Accessories
Power source to power the dongle
I also had to purchase a Female mini to Female mini hdmi adaptor.
Once you power up the dongle you will get a new wifi source on your phone or tablet, which you sign in the first time with the password provided with the dongle information which will be on the goggles display. Once you connect to the dongle wifi connection you swipe up from the bottom of your display and select AirPlay Mirroring, using the dongle wifi connection.

Here is a close up of my setup.
RC Groups - View Single Post - Official DJI Goggles ***Owners Thread***

Hey thanks a lot!!

What's the deal with everyone calling them "googles". I can't stop laughing every time I see it. XD

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman