DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2s w/ RC Pro - Can't set-up remote - incorrect time zone options

westwind77

Reactions
I received my 2s/ with the RC Pro today. Turned it on and it starts to go through the set up on the remote. English language, United States, Wi-Fi Password - all 'ok'. Then it gets to Time Zone and only gives me options from China to Fiji, nothing even close to the US. I shut down and tried a couple times more and still the same thing.

I figured I would try a 'random' time zone and change it later but a warning comes up and says an improper time zone will cause issues with activation, so it is like it knows the options are not correct.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yes, Mine did the exact same thing. Had me second guessing for a few minutes and then I just continued with setup with the time zone set to China. Think that's what's it's expecting. If I recall there wasn't even United States available in the dropdown, only Asian countries. Worked fine/no issues at all.

If I recall, you had to scroll the other direction (typically you would scroll down to see more options, but it is in order if +/- GMT, starting in China so in the US, you have to scroll back to find the negative GMT offsets). I apologize if this was obvious and you already tried it.

If I recall, you had to scroll the other direction (typically you would scroll down to see more options, but it is in order if +/- GMT, starting in China so in the US, you have to scroll back to find the negative GMT offsets). I apologize if this was obvious and you already tried it.
That was it, thank you! Can't say I have every had to scroll up to start with an app ever before.

Next issue is after I enter is my log-in info it tell me network unavailable - try again later. It shows connected to my wi-fi in the setting and I confirmed my log-in info is correct by logging in on the computer. One thing at a time I guess.

This controller is so buggy!

The remote connects to my wi-fi but refuses to connect to the internet, like my network is blocking access for some reason.

I had to connect the remote to my phones hot spot wi-fi for it to activate. Even now when I try to connect it to my local it will not access the internet.

Did it get sorted out? Were you able to fly the drone?
The controller is active now, but was still having internet access issues though my home network but was fine through the phone hot spot. I plan to bring the remote to my work and try it there.

I will go into the router at home to see if I can find it and see if I can find any reason it is not allowing it to access the internet when every other device in the house works flawlessly.

I have not tried to connect the drone yet, have not even charged the batteries! Waiting for clear weather, might get a small window on Sunday though. I only fly mini drones in the house, never DJI's.

I am ready to order the same setup and wanting to make sure there are no issues. Thanks

I am ready to order the same setup and wanting to make sure there are no issues. Thanks
When using the Firefox browser... entering data for either an address line or login screen is a nightmare...

I have exhausted every option in the router via the computer and the app and still the RC Pro is connecting but is being blocked from accessing the internet.

I plan to take it to a different wi-fi network later and try there. Asus router if that matters to anyone.

I got the same deal and found that you have to work through the list of time zones to get to negative offsets. I had and still have no problems connecting to my Linksys router at home. Worked flawlessly right away.

Flown a bunch of times already and I am very happy with the performance. Connectivity is much better and more consistent and the sticks action feels to be smoother. Interestingly I am reaching over 33MPH full throttle in normal mode with the RC Pro. Same drone controlled with the old Smart Controller - the max speed was 31MPH.... go figure.

Reactions: merak75
So it seem another Asus user has the same issue I do on the DJI forum:

They got around it by assigning a static IP. However, the remote will not disable Private DNS and keeps randomizing the MAC address so I can assign a static IP. DJI, oh so not making me happy right now.

Just wanted to give an update - just installed the latest firmware for the RC Pro (03.01.05.00) and now it works with my Asus router! DJI corrected whatever the issue was.

Reactions: merak75
The issue still persists for me. I only have the Beijing Timezone on my RC Remote that came with my Mini 3 Pro. I own several drones and 3 different remotes, not including my phone. I'm also a network engineer by trade.

I've updated the firmware. This did not fix the issue.

I have the RC PRO for my Mavic 3 Pro and zero issues.

This is a bug related to this specific remote controller. It's so cheap feeling compared to my RC PRO drone, which I will likely stick with when flying this drone. Just thought It would be great to have two separate remotes.

Oh well, looks like I'll do a factory reset of my new RC Remote to see if that helps at all.

The issue still persists for me. I only have the Beijing Timezone on my RC Remote that came with my Mini 3 Pro. I own several drones and 3 different remotes, not including my phone. I'm also a network engineer by trade.

I've updated the firmware. This did not fix the issue.

I have the RC PRO for my Mavic 3 Pro and zero issues.

This is a bug related to this specific remote controller. It's so cheap feeling compared to my RC PRO drone, which I will likely stick with when flying this drone. Just thought It would be great to have two separate remotes.

Oh well, looks like I'll do a factory reset of my new RC Remote to see if that helps at all.
Take it outside and get a good GPS lock. Then try.

Reactions: FlySkyJumper
Take it outside and get a good GPS lock. Then try.
The ks for the tip,.

I did forget to update this. I just hit Beijing Time Zone passed the warning about activation. Then I did a factor reset on all settings.

From there I was able to go back into the settings and set the correct time zone

either way, it's annoying to get a device that's brand new and not work like it should from the get go.

Definitely a glitch not even the firmware has fixed.

I have multiple controllers and drones and by far the RC Pro takes the cake in many ways. The DJI RC is just built cheaply (clicky buttons that feel like it's going to fall apart, less functionality and capability al around). Only reason I went with the DJI RC RC is because it was so cheap to buy with the drone. Plus it is nice to be able to fly our drones with my wife and kids.

The RC PRO is the way to go if you have the money to buy it Yes, the price is steep, but I've found you get what you pay for with most things in life especially in the technology world.

Thank you that worked perfectly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis