DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

40 MPH???

coop64

Reactions
Is Mavic‘s Top Speed (~40MPH) limited to more experienced flyers?

I owned my Mavic for about 2 months now and have flown around 2 hrs. Last time I was out I put it Sports mode but wasn’t impressed with the speed it was moving at, I never reached 40MPH or close to it.

Is there anything else I need to do aside from moving the switch at the side of controller to S?

The DJI GO app clocked 23.4 MPH as my top speed. Headwind can make it slow but I don’t remember it being very windy also, it should have sped up on its way back but that didn’t happen either.
e8d42ad267d43d24a3f2ccdbd261d103.jpg

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Is Mavic‘s Top Speed (~40MPH) limited to more experienced flyers?

I owned my Mavic for about 2 months now and have flown around 2 hrs. Last time I was out I put it Sports mode but wasn’t impressed with the speed it was moving at, I never reached 40MPH or close to it.

Is there anything else I need to do aside from moving the switch at the side of controller to S?

The DJI GO app clocked 23.4 MPH as my top speed. Headwind can make it slow but I don’t remember it being very windy also, it should have sped up on its way back but that didn’t happen either.
e8d42ad267d43d24a3f2ccdbd261d103.jpg
The switch is not doing anything unless you enable dual flight modes in the app. Then the sport mode switch is enabled.

Turn off most of your sensors too if you really want to get all you can get, I heard it helps .

Turn off most of your sensors too if you really want to get all you can get, I heard it helps .
Sport mode turns off the sensors automatically. Although if you turn sensors off in GPS mode you can get up to around 32MPH vs the 22MPH with sensors enabled. -CF

Sport mode turns off the sensors automatically. Although if you turn sensors off in GPS mode you can get up to around 32MPH vs the 22MPH with sensors enabled. -CF
Oh yea thats right. I saw that on you tube, it was about getting back home bucking a head wind in GPS mode. Turn off a,few sensors and youll be able to get more speed.

If you want more speed you can always look up how to hack your Mavic Pro on you tube ,looks,pretty easy. JUST make small changes in setting. Be careful not to run it on max settings. 10 is Max ,so try 7 or 8.

With stock (latest firmware), I was able to get to ~57mph last month.

You have to go to settings and enable multiple flight modes, then flip the switch on the controller to sport mode and accept the message on the screen.

On its own without wind on a calm day, the max I can get is 40mph in sport mode, but on a windy day, flying with the wind, you can go faster.

7fdbcb4354c0bfcbfa832e432d701ea5.jpg

055302e53a700d601079a82b77dbddc0.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet