DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

I had only one short flight (13 minutes) during lunch break at work today, but nothing leapt out at me as wrong so far. Didn't need to calibrate anything or change any settings- they were exactly where I left them in the last firmware.

On a slightly different note, it was good enough for me that I was emboldened to try flying out over Lake Michigan (VPS off before I flew past the shore) and take what I don't doubt are some pretty nice pictures, given the scenic location and nice weather.

I got a brief flash of NFZ warning just before the GPS lock firmed up and the drone recorded the home point/picnic table. Before that, it was in Opti mode for about half a minute.

This is a thing that's been happening in the last several months for me- the Mavic doesn't find more than a couple satellites for what feels like a minute or so after being turned on.

Reactions: Techstar
Which version of the Android GO4 app pairs with the 400 firmware? With 700 I just had bad lagging on telemetry (basically doesn't update AT ALL when control inputs from the RC are active (i.e. flying full-speed away from launch, no telemetry updates). Flying autonomously during RTH telemetry updated normally.

Also a bit of lay and freezing on the video too.

This is on a Galaxy S7 (Android) running Marshmallow (6.0.1). Downgraded the Mavic and RC firmware down to 400, will try it with the current app, but I'm betting I need to also use an earlier version of GO4 as well.

Which version of the Android GO4 app pairs with the 400 firmware? With 700 I just had bad lagging on telemetry (basically doesn't update AT ALL when control inputs from the RC are active (i.e. flying full-speed away from launch, no telemetry updates). Flying autonomously during RTH telemetry updated normally.

Also a bit of lay and freezing on the video too.

This is on a Galaxy S7 (Android) running Marshmallow (6.0.1). Downgraded the Mavic and RC firmware down to 400, will try it with the current app, but I'm betting I need to also use an earlier version of GO4 as well.

No, latest app version works fine.

Hello everyone! First of all, excuse my bad English.
After reading for a couple of months, I would like to describe to you my experience that I hope can help someone.
I bought my Mavic with the firmware version 400 and I have not had any particular problems but it is also true that, being my first flights, I have not flown over the 2 km and I have not paid particular attention to the horizontality of the gimbal.
After a few days, I upgraded to version 600 and everything worked well.
On one of my flights, my Mavic went far about 3 km and while I was turning left I missed the signal that came back about 2.5 km.
Now I know that it was my mistake of evaluating the terrain situation but at the time I believed it was a problem of the 600 firmware.
Having read about the flight distance problems of the 600, I did downgrade to 400 and did a distance test on the beach.
Arrived distant of 2.8 km I had an unrecoverable disconnection from the DJI go 4, which resumed to work only after restarting the smartphone. Luckily the RTH worked perfectly.
After this unpleasant experience and having not had first problems with the 400 and even with the 600, I upgraded back to 600 and on the first flight with Mavic at 20 meters from me, I had a new unrecoverable disconnections from the DJI go 4.
I decided to reset everything in the Mavic and in the DJI go 4 that goes first completely uninstalled and put back the 600; I then made a new test away with remarkable wind up to 4.5 km. Another day I did another test with very little wind and I reached 5.5 km, all with the firmware 600 and with no problem.
I forgot to tell you that I write from Italy so the distance of Mavic is theoretically reduced to 4 km.
Now I put the firmware 700 and I have no problems excluding it has not kept me for a few times the setting "Smart return"
I also did a distance test and I reached 6.5 km which is remarkable since I'm in Europe with reduced range, I don't want to try it over because I landed with 8% battery.
I told you all this because it could be that the problems with version 600 (and even 700) can be eliminated with a reset of everything (reset the Mavic to factory settings before the update, and after, reset the camera and all the parameters in the DJI go 4 that goes first completely uninstalled).

i flew two flights 0400 yesterday My RC used 44 percent battery

0700 today one flight, twenty minutes used 5 percent, go figure

wonder if they drop the range its pushing out to save RC battery,. must work the battery much harder trying to throw a signal out so far.

Android? Was your mobile fully charged before flight yesterday? Android devices pull juice out of RC

Thank you for the kind words.
I will most likely be jumping ship by the end of the month when the goggles arrive. I cannot imagine that they work with .400 so I am going to Join the rest of you guy:)

Rob
Resistance is futile....you will be assimilated.

I might have missed this. Is there an update to the iOS Go 4? I'm not seeing any updates on the App Store. Thanks

BLAST!! My yaw drifting problem came back with .0700 When I updated to .0600 I started to get drift. Downgraded to .0550 and the drift went away. But I want the new firmware so I can use fixed wing mode, and all the features in Litchi. So I tried .0700 hoping they fixed the issues with 600. Nope. Any time I fly sideways and then stop, it keeps yaw drifting. It sure would be nice to have a stable drone that can use all the features of the software. Did I mention that Go4 crashed twice in a single battery flight? Getting a little frustrating. I guess I just need to resign myself to the fact that I spent a crap load of money on a machine that can do incredibly complex things really well, and very basic things poorly. Sorry, rant over.

BLAST!! My yaw drifting problem came back with .0700 When I updated to .0600 I started to get drift. Downgraded to .0550 and the drift went away. But I want the new firmware so I can use fixed wing mode, and all the features in Litchi. So I tried .0700 hoping they fixed the issues with 600. Nope. Any time I fly sideways and then stop, it keeps yaw drifting. It sure would be nice to have a stable drone that can use all the features of the software. Did I mention that Go4 crashed twice in a single battery flight? Getting a little frustrating. I guess I just need to resign myself to the fact that I spent a crap load of money on a machine that can do incredibly complex things really well, and very basic things poorly. Sorry, rant over.
Your drone is panning on it's own? Try recalibrating the IMU.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Better grab .0400 fast before they strip it! Only works until you have to unlock a NFZ though, then they require you to upgrade.
Does anyone know if saving .0400 "on side" is possible? And if then how to do it? So if they will strip it we will be able to eventually go back to factory FW and settings.

BLAST!! My yaw drifting problem came back with .0700 When I updated to .0600 I started to get drift. Downgraded to .0550 and the drift went away. But I want the new firmware so I can use fixed wing mode, and all the features in Litchi.
Is there a newer version of Litchi that works with firmware newer than 400, and has all the features that GO4 has (like Tripod mode, Spotlight Active Track, Fixed Wing mode, etc.), and runs well on Android Marshmallow?

Is there a newer version of Litchi that works with firmware newer than 400, and has all the features that GO4 has (like Tripod mode, Spotlight Active Track, Fixed Wing mode, etc.), and runs well on Android Marshmallow?
Version .0600 fixed the incompatibility with Litchi, but seems to have borked other things. As for Android, I have yet to have a version that doesn't crash constantly for go4. No, Litchi does not have tripod or fixed wing modes which is why I still use go4 for those. I've lost confidence flying now with drifting and app crashing constantly etc. I'm afraid I'm going to watch 1000 clams vanish into thin air. If the IMU calibration doesn't work, I'm going back to .400 and calling it quits on fw updates until I see strong evidence that they have fixed all this stuff.

I had a chance to test .0700 firmware today after upgrading a couple of days ago. I did 4 flights, the longest 20:43, the shortest 9:30.

I did the first two flights using Go 4.0.7 on a Nexus 5x running Android 7.1.2 which has historically not worked solidly with Go 4. The last couple of months I've been using a Samsung S5 when I need to fly with Go and it has been better, virtually crash-free. This time, the first flight (11:49) was perfect and the second (15:18) did have an app crash, just at the end. Best I've ever seen with Go 4 on Nexus 5x.

During one of those I had a "gimbal glitch" as I've had before going back to January - gimbal briefly goes crazy for 10-20 seconds and makes you think you're about to crash. This time it happened near launch at about 80' so I could see plainly that nothing was wrong with the Mavic - just the gimbal. It recovered and I flew on. This is the 4th time in about 40 flights I've had this - 0700 looks great otherwise but hasn't fixed this issue for me.

The next two flights were on Litchi 3.10.7 with the Nexus 5x and both worked perfectly - I've had good luck with this combination in the past. The flight over 20 minutes was hovering nearby at 400' taking 6 panoramas. The 9:30 flight was to 10,129' and it was amazing. FPV was perfect whole time and I have never seen a airdata signal map looking this good on any Android device (have on iOS). I was flying up a hill so was 2-300' AGL - look at this, max error count 6.5:

upload_2017-5-11_21-49-39.png

This was not really long distance and it's only one flight but this seems better than 600, 0550 or 0500 and maybe better than 0400. I checked a similar flight back in Feb and the signal errors ranged from 20 to almost 100.

I still haven't done a proper Mavic distance test with this second Mavic Pro (max has been 13k'). My first Mavic was solid at over 20k' the one time I tried it.

All in all I am encouraged. Although it sure has taken a long time!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Spock
Went from .600 shocking firmware back to 400. . Today I took the plunge and went from 400 to 700 and at this stage everything is great . no NFZ, No Gimbal tilt only put 1 battery through but much better than .600 . I had to update with the controller and phone + wifi Assist failed

Edit I must say I did a factory reset on .400 before updating if that makes any difference

Went from .600 shocking firmware back to 400. . Today I took the plunge and went from 400 to 700 and at this stage everything is great . no NFZ, No Gimbal tilt only put 1 battery through but much better than .600 . I had to update with the controller and phone + wifi Assist failed

Edit I must say I did a factory reset on .400 before updating if that makes any difference

On iOS?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slitsling69