DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.900 update over and over and over and over and over.

Steve Gross

Reactions
Anyone else having that issue? I have updated using DJI assistant 2 and via WiFi. DJI Assistant 2 indicate all three devices have the correct firmware is installed in Mavic, goggles and controller and, I overwrote and re-installed the firmware anyway! However, when I reboot the goggles, controller and Mavic and get ready to fly, DJI GO 4 informs of a new Firmware update. I have already made this update but, GO4 does not seem to know it.

I am kind of fearing a flight in this state.

Can others "Chime" in please?

It's the standard message DJI GO 4 provides when an firmware update is available. Have seen it many times before. It seems like I update as much as I fly sometimes.

Exactl New Firmware available!>
Mavic pro 01.03.0900

I know what you mean - constant updating!
So I'm wondering if you ignore it and go into the app, does the app show all of your versions to be updated?

Now, this update event, my most recent, has been at 99% for 22 minutes. Not seen this behavior before. Not sure what I should do, what action I should take. Unplug? That action does not seen right.

Now, this update event, my most recent, has been at 99% for 22 minutes. Not seen this behavior before. Not sure what I should do, what action I should take. Unplug? That action does not seen right.

I agree, hate to stop any kind of update but that is a long time to not move off 99 - especially if it appears nothing is happening on the Mavic. Or, could it be completed and just did not do the message?

Restart the Mavic, Goggles and controller. Leave Go 4 running on you device during that process. Once the aircraft, Goggles and controller are restarted, it should continue and finalize the update.

My goggles in their "Off" state, I restarted Mavic and controller only and DJI GO4 Leaped onto UPDATE 61% page

From an FTP look inside the controller I can see that the files are first downloaded onto the PC and then they are sent to what must be an SD card inside the goggles and then when they are complete they are written to the goggles. You can see three distinct stages when it is updating the firmware.
Which one is it stuck on?

Rob

The version of Go4 is irrelevant. He is doing the update using DJI assistant2. For normal flight operations the goggles work with all versions of GO4.

Hi,

Looks like I had to keep the goggles "off" until Mavic/Controller finished updates. All seems good at the minute.

Stupid question: If I format my Google SD card (using the goggle format function), will I delete goggle settings of any sort? Or hopefully, just delete the video/picture files?

Thanks all! All seems fine now. I need more time getting acquainted with the goggles functionality, now. But comparing these DJI Goggles to many (all) others, there are no others to compare the video quality and depth these lend. Amazing, like no others.

Hi,

Looks like I had to keep the goggles "off" until Mavic/Controller finished updates. All seems good at the minute.

Stupid question: If I format my Google SD card (using the goggle format function), will I delete goggle settings of any sort? Or hopefully, just delete the video/picture files?

Yes it only deletes the videos and photos. Your settings remain intact.

Rob

Are you using the same battery that you had when you updated the MP? it normally happens when you change batteries that haven't been updated yet. Since each battery has its own firmware when you put in a different battery that hasn't been updated it will tell you, that you need to update to the newer firmware.

I've been seeing this same issue as well. Interesting to know that each battery needs to have it's firmware updated too. I did not know that. But it seems to corroborate with my experience, since I saw the "Need to update firmware" message after switching my batteries. Let me update with the other battery and see how it goes.

Did you guys tried deleting completely the Apps on the device and re installing.

I've been seeing this same issue as well. Interesting to know that each battery needs to have it's firmware updated too. I did not know that. But it seems to corroborate with my experience, since I saw the "Need to update firmware" message after switching my batteries. Let me update with the other battery and see how it goes.

Did it resolve your issue?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter