DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Accuracy of RTH landing spot

audioguy

Reactions
Prior to getting my Mavic, I watched LOT of youtube videos, and a few of them were on the accuracy of the return spot when doing a RTH. In those videos, the landing spot was within inches (or less) of the take off spot.

Today, I decided to see for myself. In one case, I went straight up about 150 feet and hit RTH. In the other, I was s good ways from the landing spot. While in both cases, the landing was within 12 or so inches, neither were as close as the videos I watched.

If my lading spot accuracy is off, what is that caused by? A poor calibration? Or is a foot or so within accepted tolerance?

Thanks

I think a few inches off the mark isn't that big a deal, is it?

Is Precision Landing enabled in your Settings?

If Precision Landing is enabled, there is sufficient light, and there is a well defined pattern/marker in the landing area, you should be able to get closer than that.

The video I posted yesterday re RTH/Precision Landing, I'm really amazed how accurate it is sometimes.
But the thing that I'm most happy about when engaging RTH, that MP really come back when I call it.
So in other words, I'm glad that RTH is working on my MP and I don't care how OFF it is from take off point.

It gives you the option to "precisely record takeoff position" but for it to work the drone has to elevate to 10 meters. If it doesn't go up to 10 meters then stop, the precise location isn't recorded. I don't usually use that option and just go with the standard, mine returns within a couple of feet but I usually take off on concrete with no real markings.

Reactions: dupuisdaddyo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi