DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airmap Rejection?

fguthrie

Reactions
This morning I went to fly in a fairly popular area here in San Diego called "Fiesta Island". I have flown there a couple times previously and received automated LAANC approvals both times. This time Airmap would not allow me to even send the request to to the airport. I ended up just coming home. I'm trying to understand if there was something wrong with the arimap application and if not, why was it not even allowing me to submit the request, when previously I could submit it and get authorized? I've attached a couple screen shots and here is the location that I was attempting to fly at: AirMap Web App

Thanks for your help,
Frank

Attachments

• Flight_Plan_Brief_Auth.jpg
    Flight_Plan_Brief_Auth.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Flight_Plan_Brief.jpg
    Flight_Plan_Brief.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 49
Is there a setting that is clicked stating "SWARM" flight? See the reason for the rejection there "Swarm Operations are not supported"

Disregard because I see this on both the approval and denial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
If there is, I'd be curious to know where. I can't even find where to see/edit my FAA number. I could have sworn I had to enter it at one time, especially when LAANC came out.

I've heard bad things about AirMap. I use Kittyhawk. Never had any rejections.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Is there a setting that is clicked stating "SWARM" flight? See the reason for the rejection there "Swarm Operations are not supported"

Disregard because I see this on both the approval and denial.
Yes, but the bit about swarm in the approval was a notice. The policy might have changed where instead of a notification in the approval, it has to be flat out denied.

Of course Kittyhawk is no longer current.

Huh? I used it today for CHARLIE airspace at KAVL. Kittyhawk is what we use for lots of UAS operations. Unless it was axed this evening it's still a very viable (and preferred IMHO) option. I have another one in Kittyhawk for 10am tomorrow that was approved and ready to go.

Huh? I used it today for CHARLIE airspace at KAVL. Kittyhawk is what we use for lots of UAS operations. Unless it was axed this evening it's still a very viable (and preferred IMHO) option. I have another one in Kittyhawk for 10am tomorrow that was approved and ready to go.
You are correct... sorry for the misinformation

Reactions: BigAl07
KittyHawk is definitely current. It bought B4UFLY and now that uses the same data.

Actually FAA contracted them to redesign B4UFly. They took the route of a stripped version of KH. You can't submit LAANC requests directly in B4UFly. When you try, it redirects you to get Kittyhawk.

KittyHawk and Skyward are my go to LAANC apps. I have so many 107.41s that I rarely use LAANC though.

I do know that AirMap has been having issues.

Reactions: BigAl07
This morning I went to fly in a fairly popular area here in San Diego called "Fiesta Island". I have flown there a couple times previously and received automated LAANC approvals both times. This time Airmap would not allow me to even send the request to to the airport. I ended up just coming home. I'm trying to understand if there was something wrong with the arimap application and if not, why was it not even allowing me to submit the request, when previously I could submit it and get authorized? I've attached a couple screen shots and here is the location that I was attempting to fly at: AirMap Web App

Thanks for your help,
Frank
Without knowing anything about your request, it is hard to say.
You will always get the swarm warning - but usually you will get more of a reason.
One thing you can do is use the on line version from the comfort of your home to trouble shoot why it got denied.
If you type an address in the search box it will pan to the location.

You can also email Airmap and askm but you will need to provide all the information of your request.

KittyHawk and Skyward are my go to LAANC apps. I have so many 107.41s that I rarely use LAANC though.

I do know that AirMap has been having issues.

I have been using Airmap for LAANC authorization where I live (FDK) without any issues at all. I do hear quite often that Airmap has problems. I am curious what kind of issues are most users having?

Some issues reported are approvals not going through, app crashing, incorrect TFRs.

The issues with the company are that the cofounders are in it only for the money. While there is nothing wrong with that aspect of the business, they have no problem doing that on the backs of the drone owners.

They are not pro-drone. They are pro-drone regulation. The more drone regulations there are, the more valuable their business model is.

Basically they have supported regulations that would closed off parts of the NAS, and tried to position themselves in such a way that they could then sell that back to us by means of approval subscriptions. They are not friends of the UAS community.

So the two apps do show (or attempt to) current TFRs? I didn't think they did. I've only seen them pop up in DJI Flysafe maps, besides official sources of course.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre