DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

almost lost...

patrickj

Reactions
yesterday at the beach i took off as usual gps and controller signal was good
then i flew out over the water and all of sudden my video goes out and the remote says signal lost, do you want to return to home?

i hit return to home and the controller confirmed it, but i had no idea where it was as the map wasn't updating and a minute or so later, all of a sudden it said it was landing.

so i pushed up to make it go higher and the elevation was getting close to zero meters and i didnt want it to land in the water.

then all of a sudden my video and signal comes back and its about 300 feet up in the air (after looking at the video which had been recording it made it safely back to the home point.)

can anyone take a look at my log and see if they can tell what happened? this is only maybe my 11th time flying and the first scary issue ive encountered with signal loss. since i was at the beach there was nothing in between me and the drone but air.

im thinking maybe radio interference from the lifeguard tower or a couple sailboats further out in the ocean (maybe 1km out from the beach) could have caused it??

heres a link to the flight log -
DJIFlightRecord_2017-06-02_[12-23-37].rar

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi