Any body received?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by AerialDronAccessories.com, Oct 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AerialDronAccessories.com

Have you received your Mavic yet? I had heard from a dealer that DJI may be delaying shipping by one week. Hopefully that is not the case.

2. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ Administrator
    Staff Member

The original shipping date to leave DJI China is the 15th, so no one has them available for resale yet.
    It should be anywheres from 2 - 7 days to get it to consumers. That is if there is no delays.

3. generaltso

generaltso Well-Known Member

I noticed that Amazon changed their release date from 10/31 to 11/15.

4. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ Administrator
    Staff Member

Most sellers are backordered so the dates will be further out until they catch up with demand.

Advexure likes this.
  5. generaltso

Right, but that's not what I'm talking about. Amazon (sold and shipped by Amazon, not a reseller) changed their release date from 10/31 to 11/15. They don't change the release date of preorders as they sell more of their allocation. They may update the expected delivery date, but not the release date.

6. dinglehead

dinglehead Well-Known Member

Have any of the dealers said anything about a delay? Earlier this week Drone Nerds were saying third week of October.... Has anyone heard if that has changed?

Why are DJI launches always like this?

7. Deckyon

Deckyon Well-Known Member

It is all supposition and guesswork at this point. I would not even bother trying to see if anyone has "received" their drone until next Monday or Tuesday at the earliest - unless someone is at one of the flagship DJI stores on Saturday.

8. CCDD

CCDD Well-Known Member

Let's just hope the delays don't mirror what occurred with the Yuneecs Typhoon H. That crew waited months and months past the original launch date.

Nikos likes this.
  9. HeliFreak

HeliFreak Well-Known Member

I'm in no hurry. I'll probably buy through MassDrop for the discounted price and no tax. As long as it comes by Dec25, I'm going to put it under the X-mas tree for myself. But I have a feeling it will come mid-end November and staring at the sealed box for a month will be very difficult. First-World Problems....

10. nocaps

nocaps Well-Known Member

Lol. Not gonna happen. :)

11. Anthony Viscomi

Anthony Viscomi Well-Known Member

I just read somewhere recently that MassDrop
    Yeah I notice that the date has changed to 11/15 too. Strange thing is that my Arriving Date is still 11/2

12. Marc Hufnagel

Marc Hufnagel Well-Known Member

saw that today too

13. generaltso

Is it direct from Amazon or a reseller?

14. Marc Hufnagel

sold/shipped amazon

15. generaltso

I was asking about the 11/2 delivery date that Anthony mentioned. As far as I can tell, Amazon orders just say "need more time for an estimated delivery date" or something to that effect.

16. Marc Hufnagel

sold/shipped by amazon shows 11/15 instock date.

17. generaltso

I understand that, I'm the one who first posted that fact. Anthony said his order still shows a delivery date of 11/2, so I'm asking him if his order was from Amazon or a reseller.

18. Advexure

Advexure Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    Similar discussion going on in another thread but hopefully the below information can help clear up some confusion in changing shipping dates on Amazon as well as a little insight on the way that pre-orders have always worked at DJI over the years.

We can't speak for "sold and shipped" by Amazon pre-orders but at least for us the estimates are being pushed pretty far back for new pre-orders. The estimates that we provide are constantly changing in relation to how many pre-orders are coming in each day and what the latest news from DJI HQ on allocation numbers for each batch that we will be receiving in. For Advexure, we've got way more than plenty of Mavic units on order to satisfy current pre-orders but the limitation is DJI can only allocate a certain number of units to try and provide everyone with some sort of allocation based on what they are able to produce. If a dealer orders a small quantity, you get a small allocation. If you order a large quantity, you obviously get a large allocation. There is also priority given to some of the larger, established tier one dealers. The estimates they are provide are called estimates for a reason. Based on how their production processing is progressing they may not be able to meet these estimates that they have provided to you the end consumer or even the estimates they provide to us as an established tier one dealer. Over the years we've seen how things typically play out sometimes DJI's estimates can be a bit too aggressive but they are never too far off.

The estimates we provide to Amazon are especially inflated due to the fact that Amazon holds sellers to such high standards with meeting shipping dates. For us the estimate we provide Amazon on pre-orders is at least 1 week later than what we actually are trying to meet. If we can under promise and over perform, AWESOME, but if on Amazon you over promise and can't meet a shipping deadline you won't be a seller on Amazon for very long.

Nothing too complicated so hopefully that made send and I didn't over complicate it. :)

19. Anthony Viscomi

Anthony Viscomi Well-Known Member

Looks like its a reseller...received this email this morning:
    upload_2016-10-14_5-31-17.png

20. generaltso

Did they charge you already? Seems weird that they're checking to see if you're satisfied with your order since they haven't actually shipped anything to you yet.