DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Stopped from getting on Airplane by TSA?

I am actually in Israel with the Mavic right now, but the only place you may really need to worry about while getting it into Israel is the customs, and i went through the green (nothing to declare) route, nobody checked me in there. Most people aren't getting checked on the green customs route, but one may not be so lucky, and thats the case you need to worry about, would be nice if someone with the mavic that got checked there would respond.

Oh wow sounds like you and Toms Tech Time has no problem getting in. I'll have to research the difference of routes in the airport by colors.

Thanks mate, when will you be leaving the country with your drone?

Oh wow sounds like you and Toms Tech Time has no problem getting in. I'll have to research the difference of routes in the airport by colors.

Thanks mate, when will you be leaving the country with your drone?
In 3 weeks. I really don't expect any issues taking it out of Israel and back into US. Although, seems like i won't have a lot of time to fly it here, though (work related reason).

The "green" customs route, means "nothing to declare", the "red" means "i have some stuff i need to declare and i am going to do so". In real life its pretty much the same place, you are just expected to come over to them and declare whatever you are about to declare in the "red" case. Sometimes you get checked on the "green" (they have an x-ray machine to randomly scan bags), this is not a security scan, but a lookup for cigarettes, alcohol etc in large quantities. Still, this is the point i kinda afraid they may not like the mavic. Thats the ONLY point, though.

Reactions: igotaN33d
I've flown lots of times with Mavic and various Phantoms. Japan, Dubai, several airports in Nepal, Scotland, England, Ireland, Norway, Svalbard, Sweden, Spain, Canada (Montreal and Toronto) and in the US too (only about 8 different airports but more flights). At one airport in Nepal (Pokhara), the guys were quite curious and took a good look but didn't speak English so I don't know what their concern was - no issue in the end. Everywhere else no issues at all. Most recent trip was March 2017 to Japan. I'm heading to Alaska in a couple of weeks and Greece in Oct. One time a US TSA guy asked if my batteries were charged and when I said no, he explained it's because he wanted me to give him a demo - that was back in 2014 and wouldn't happen these days I would guess. They all know exactly what a drone is.

I typically fly with 4 batteries, lately with the Mavic, in Lipo bags, discharged to half or less.

I've flown lots of times with Mavic and various Phantoms. Japan, Dubai, several airports in Nepal, Scotland, England, Ireland, Norway, Svalbard, Sweden, Spain, Canada (Montreal and Toronto) and in the US too (only about 8 different airports but more flights). At one airport in Nepal (Pokhara), the guys were quite curious and took a good look but didn't speak English so I don't know what their concern was - no issue in the end. Everywhere else no issues at all. Most recent trip was March 2017 to Japan. I'm heading to Alaska in a couple of weeks and Greece in Oct. One time a US TSA guy asked if my batteries were charged and when I said no, he explained it's because he wanted me to give him a demo - that was back in 2014 and wouldn't happen these days I would guess. They all know exactly what a drone is.

I typically fly with 4 batteries, lately with the Mavic, in Lipo bags, discharged to half or less.
2014? Mavic? ;-)

Reactions: igotaN33d
Just went to Puerto Vallarta Mexico last week. Total of 5 security checkpoints including US and Mexican Customs. Nobody asked about it or looked at it.

Reactions: MittenDroneMedia
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661