DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using a Moto X Pure 2015 with the Mavic Pro?

nocaps

Reactions
Just want to confirm physical compatibility with the controller. The maximum published phone thickness in the Motorola spec (10.4 mm) is a little larger than the maximum spec for the controller (8.5mm), but I'm sure the Moto X spec reflects the maximum thickness, not the thickness at the edge of the device which I think would be OK. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

After looking around I found the thread about removing one of the rubber bumpers if necessary so it seems like that would work in a pinch, but still would like to hear from someone actually using a Moto X Pure if any of you are out there. It has a fast processor and a bright screen so seems like it would be a good (Android) choice.

Yeah I am. It does not fit the right hand clip. The phone is thicker on the top which I have never noticed until I had to fit it in the controller. I still make do with it. But I would really have liked it if it fitted better.

Sent from my XT1575 using MavicPilots mobile app

Yeah I am. It does not fit the right hand clip. The phone is thicker on the top which I have never noticed until I had to fit it in the controller. I still make do with it. But I would really have liked it if it fitted better.

Sent from my XT1575 using MavicPilots mobile app

Hi,

First of all I would l like to say I am new to the forum, so hello to everybody.
I am on the fence of buying the Mavic, but I need to make sure my phone will be compatible. One of possible options is the Moto X Style/Pure. Except for fitting issues does this phone perform well with the Mavic ? Any issues ? What is the Android version you have on your device ? I would very much appreciate your input.

thanks
Greg

Yes, using mm 6.0. A poor fit on both sides, the top is even thicker. It does not fall out, but I intend to make or buy an adapter like those for tablets. No problems using dji go 4.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
In the meantime I purchased the Moto X Style and it's rock solid on my Mavic both with the DJO Go4 and Litchi apps. Still I am about to test it with VR goggles using Litchi's VR mode. I hoped taking benefit of Moto X Style QHD resolution, but I think it will be only limited to the transmission between RC and AC, which is FHD at max.

Greg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi