DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple

Apple basically runs the world so they will have the most pull when it comes to getting stock. If you're looking for a Christmas miracle I'd imagine they're the best bet.

I placed a couple orders on 12/6, so we'll see what happens. My 11/10 amazon order hasn't budged.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: Dean Machine
Also, for those looking for discounts at Apple, there are a couple ways:

1. Check to see if Apple offers discounts for your company. Employees at my company get 10% on accessories, including the Mavic I ordered and batts. I think the rule of thumb is, if your mid to large size company issues Macs to employees, pretty good chance they offer a 10% discount.
2. Education Discounts. Have a kid? Is that kid in K-12 or University? University requires an edu email, but K-12 doesn't. As a father of several kids in K-12, I use that discount often. But, FWIW, Apple has never checked or verified. I just select education and then my kids' elementary or middle school, an the discount is applied. This also works in the Apple Store, When I walk in, with my kids, they apply edu discounts if I ask. All about 10%, but nothing to sneeze at.

YMMV...

That sucks. It works with corporate discounts, though. I got 10% off my battery and Maverick. and lots of corporations qualify. It' certainly worth checking out.

But for other stuff, the edu discount does work. I've used it for years with little or no hassle. BTW, it works at the Microsoft store too, just as an FYI. But they don't currently sell the Maveric.

Educational discount doesn't work for the Mavic.

Reactions: EasyV
Man, with all the good news of folks getting their Mavics in, I'm disappointed that mine hasn't moved at all with ordering it through the Apple store (online) and saying, "deliver to store" as the shipping option. I ordered on Dec. 7th (one week ago) said ETA was Feb 3rd when I ordered and still today says, "Processing Order" ETA is Feb 3rd stillllll.... I thought I would get an email that it was shipping and the date for pickup was sooner as I've read above on so many other post.

Reactions: Dean Machine
Man, with all the good news of folks getting their Mavics in, I'm disappointed that mine hasn't moved at all with ordering it through the Apple store (online) and saying, "deliver to store" as the shipping option. I ordered on Dec. 7th (one week ago) said ETA was Feb 3rd when I ordered and still today says, "Processing Order" ETA is Feb 3rd stillllll.... I thought I would get an email that it was shipping and the date for pickup was sooner as I've read above on so many other post.

For every positive Apple story, I knew I'd be in the unlucky side of things.

I ordered on the day after Black Friday, originally the ship date was mid January; its now slipped to February with no movement / updates - still stuck at 'processing order' with credit card already authorized / hold.

I guess February isn't that far away..

For every positive Apple story, I knew I'd be in the unlucky side of things.

I ordered on the day after Black Friday, originally the ship date was mid January; its now slipped to February with no movement / updates - still stuck at 'processing order' with credit card already authorized / hold.

I guess February isn't that far away..

I called today and they said they haven't received any shipments this week and may not till next week. All of the orders are "preparing for shipment" and can't be cancelled is what she told me

Only takes about 2 weeks to get one from Newegg... and no tax since it comes direct from DJI.

Noticed my apple store pulled all of the mavic materials, too. DJI in general got relegated to a bottom shelf near headphones. They had Mavic propellers in stock, but had to ask for someone to go in the back to get them.

Has anyone received or seen any movement on their Apple orders since the big shipment on 12/8?

I talked with a rep yesterday and they have no ETA on their next shipments. New orders now estimate 10 weeks or into March.

Hey Hayden - I am also "patiently" waiting for my apple order placed on 12/8... did you do ship to store or home? i am wondering if makes any difference because I did not do "ship to store"... I selected ship to my house...

Hey Hayden - I am also "patiently" waiting for my apple order placed on 12/8... did you do ship to store or home?
Ship to store.

The Apple Order Status page has not updated yet, for what it's worth.

Ship to store.

The Apple Order Status page has not updated yet, for what it's worth.

Good for you! I read on other posts that usually within 24 - 48 hours after the charge you get the shipping info... I really hope makes no difference between ship to store or home.

Reactions: Eyeinthesky33
I talked with a rep yesterday and they have no ETA on their next shipments. New orders now estimate 10 weeks or into March.

I ordered mine through Apple.ca on December 14th, showing 8-10 weeks.
Was surprised, when I told them that the company I work for gets discounts they didn't even confirm my employment

Ordered from Apple 12/9 with shipping to home address so hopefully tomorrow I get a notification!

Reactions: rflmzl
12/08 order just got charged also. I was going to cancel but couldn't. Maybe I will get it before Christmas. Fingers crossed!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph