DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple

I was able to get a BB unit overnighted. I was unable to fully cancel my 12-10 order since it's "preparing for shipping" may end up showing up on my doorstep despite the fact.

I was able to get a BB unit overnighted. I was unable to fully cancel my 12-10 order since it's "preparing for shipping" may end up showing up on my doorstep despite the fact.

This is what they always say. They can put in a request to have it cancelled. You just have to complain a bit. I had 2 orders through apple that were preparing to ship that they were able to cancel. Its not guaranteed but they can try. Don't let them tell you otherwise

Reactions: Dan H
I stupidly ordered a battery from Apple, to pick up in a store (got an Apple Gift card for $100 for Christmas), and it says available in March.

I ordered from Newegg last night and canceled my 12/7/2016 Apple order. Apple also told me that since it was in prepared for shipping status that I may still have one show up on my door step and they would send me return labels to send it back. They assured me that I wouldn't see a credit charge.

I ordered from Newegg last night and canceled my 12/7/2016 Apple order. Apple also told me that since it was in prepared for shipping status that I may still have one show up on my door step and they would send me return labels to send it back. They assured me that I wouldn't see a credit charge.

What's the ETA on the NewEgg order?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Now I'm getting the runaround from Apple. After telling me this would be the final hold and no further attempts would be made since it would be shipped they have backpedaled. My order says just processing with no mention of preparing for shipping.They said it clearly does state preparing for shipping. What a load of BS. They told me its preparing to ship for the Feb 9 ship date. I asked them how it could take a month to prepare to ship. I was told that my frustration was understood.The minute this hold drops Im cancelling through PayPal. Edit: I forgot to mention she stated that my order couldnt be cancelled because they had already received payment from my bank. I asked her how that was possible when PayPal had not authorized it and would not authorize it until confirmation of shipping. She then stated that the transaction was partially complete.

Last edited:
Same here, just did the chat thing and the lady on the chat said my status was "Processing to ship". I told her on my end it just says, "Processing Items" which it has said since day one. My CC keeps getting these holds on the funds, then releases the funds, then holds, then releases almost daily. It is currently holding the funds, but really not charging them. I may cancel and order from NewEgg as well... what do you guys think?

I cancelled my Apple order last night and may I say my exchanges with them have been quite strange. Please note my previous post has been edited to provide additional clarity and information. Quick response but the woman I talked to hung up on me when I stated my reason for the call and my identity. I immediately called them back and this time was put on hold for about 15 minutes. The guy I talked to admitted that my order was still displaying processing items but when he went to cancel it his display changed to preparing for shipment and it wouldn't allow him to cancel the order. He admitted that made no sense because the shipping date of Feb 9 was well over a month away and they had not received payment and brought up that he noticed I have inquired about my order on two previous occasions. He then said he would have to pass this to another department that was capable of fixing it and cancelling it but it would take two days. It clearly states on the order status page that refunds are immediate and can even be done online and during the processing items stage. I asked for confirmation of my request for cancellation and he said he wasn't capable of that or sending emails from his location even though I dialed the number given when prompted after trying to cancel online. So I asked to be transferred to the department that would be handling my cancellation. Apparently they aren't equipped to deal with the public directly but they would be sending me the email confirmation that my order has been cancelled. I asked him if he had just been through the conversation we had with a large retail seller like Apple what would be his thoughts on the exchange. My frustration was understood. I'm soooooo done with Apple.

Last edited:
That is strange and a bummer. I have historically had great customer service experiences with Apple and I am up to my eyeballs in their eco system. I can't see my self breaking from that as I just don't have the energy to re learn a new system.

Come on Apple redeem yourself!!!

My 12/9 order still shows as processing. Will cancel tomorrow when my Newegg order arrives.

Notwithstanding the fact that the CSR on Thursday said my order was cancelled, 48 hours later it still shows up on my Orders page as processing with a 2/2/17 delivery date (to store). Worst comes to worst and it ships I will just pick it up in store and immediately return it. Surprisingly screwed up system for a major e-commerce company like Apple.

Reactions: v8juice
Notwithstanding the fact that the CSR on Thursday said my order was cancelled, 48 hours later it still shows up on my Orders page as processing with a 2/2/17 delivery date (to store). Worst comes to worst and it ships I will just pick it up in store and immediately return it. Surprisingly screwed up system for a major e-commerce company like Apple.

And 30 seconds ago another $1063 charge just hit my credit card--- still shows as "processing" on Apple's web site. Now getting annoyed :mad:

Well for any of you who receive a Mavic from Apple that you're going to return/cancel maybe the store will ship it the austin store where I'm at to fulfill my order if mine is still waiting to be shipped from overseas. :)

I had to cancel two orders that were "preparing to ship"so I'm quite familiar with this process.

Since the Mavic is a third party product the order cannot be cancelled by regular support staff once its "preparing to ship". However, they can submit a request through some special department or channel. You may have to tell them that though because some agents don't seem to be aware. If they go that route it will take a few days but you will receive an email from apple letting you know if they were able to cancel it. In the meantime it will still say processing on your order history. In my experience it worked for both my orders. Depends how close they actually are to shipping I imagine.

So your status indicated processing items but you were told it had actually progressed to preparing to ship? Even the Apple rep said that made no sense and the actual shipping date being out over a month away makes that even more suspect. Obviously he did know about the "special department or channel". Add to that the lack of coordination, communication and service between customers and those two departments including the obvious misstatements in regard to status of payment in my opinion is not what should be expected from a company that prides itself in being a leader in e-commerce and technology. I have bought countless tech items online for about 20 years and I have never gone through anything like this before. Maybe I have been lucky in that regard but my first encounter with Apple has not gone well to say the least. I have no doubt countless others have had pleasant and successful transactions with them.

I just placed an order for the mavic pro (normal kit) with DJI on their online store. Said it was in stock and would ship 7-10 days after payment confirmation. I used PayPal and the payment confirmation email came to my inbox about 1 min later. So... we'll see if it holds to 7-10 days. When I get the ship confirmation email, I'll cancel my Apple order that is still showing Feb 3rd at the store for Pickup.

So my 12/9 order which I "cancelled" on 1/5 hit my CC for yet another $1063 pre-authorization this morning. Order still shows as processing with a 2/7/17 in-store pick-up date. Apple is surprisingly incompetent about this.

It took me 4 phone calls and talking to 5 people before I reached someone who finally cancelled my order at Apple. The hell I went through with them was just absurd. After going through their identity confirmation process during the 4th phone call and voicing my displeasure at not being able to cancel my order she asked me for the last 4 digits of the credit card I used to make the purchase. I used PayPal to make my purchase but I gave her the 4 digits. She then told me I gave her the incorrect numbers. When I told her that those were the numbers I gave them the three prior times before and that I was staring at my PayPal account she out of the blue offered to reduce the price of the Mavic by 150 dollars. I asked her if it made any sense to offer a discount on a purchase to someone she says can't validate the card they used. 30 seconds of silence from her until I asked if she was still there. She then offered to transfer me to her supervisor. He cancelled my order and sent me an email with his contact info. I had to call PayPal yesterday to have them contact Apple to get rid of the temporary authorization which is still on my PayPal account.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair