DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australia

Hello from the Crossroads of America Glenh.

Welcome to the Forum. 😎

Welcome to the forum Glen.

RePL for a commercial venture ?
You know about Excluded Category ?

Allows commercial ops up to 2kg I think with the usual CASA rules to fly.
RePL can get you closer to people 15m vs 30m, but for most commercial work usual CASA rules can work fine.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Can you recommend a training provider?

Hey Glen,

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar.

Since you live in Australia, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

I'm a Yank and I cannot help you with your training course.

But here are some links you might try…

Good luck with your search and let us know what yu are flying and we might be able to provide some more useful links…

Happy, Safe and Legal Droning…

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Greetings Glenn, welcome to the forum from the NT. I have the RePL, but work under the excluded category. Just do a web search for a training org in your area. They are all working from the same playbook, it’s only how convenient it is for you that matters. Hope this helps.
Regards

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! 🙂 Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. If you fly commercially RePl is a good option. If flying recreationally not so much. When in Sydney my daughter & I took the Harbor lunch cruise just for the Sydney oyster shooters. Also went to dinner out in Kings Cross. Interesting part of the city to say the least.

Fly safe!

Hi From Sydney Australia. I am about to embark on a RePL pilots course. The AUS regulations are wacky. In your experience is this accreditation worth some $1700? Can you recommend a training provider? Speak soon, Thank you
Hey Glen ,
I fly in Australia for commercial purposes under the 2kg category.As long as you fly within CASA rules you do not need the course .
Happy flying

Im not sure that our regs are whacky. It may just be you don’t understand them. Plenty of training providers around, but as for value, it really depends on what your planned future goals and requirements are.
We do all the training up here in QLD, but happy to recommend some if you send me a pm

Lots of courses these days
Introduction
RePL
RePL conversion for PPL holders
Night VFR RPAS
Sub 25kg Multirotor or VTOL
And some more specific type courses.
Just some of the stuff we do

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads