DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Australia

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
I took a on line course with National Drone School, only paid $30.00 for the course.
I received a certificate that I have completed the course of study, flying, controlling, and maneuvering, and FAA rules
and regulations. And, Qualified for flight. $1.700 seems like much. FLY SAFE.

Reactions: GFields
Welcome to the forum Glen.

RePL for a commercial venture ?
You know about Excluded Category ?

Allows commercial ops up to 2kg I think with the usual CASA rules to fly.
RePL can get you closer to people 15m vs 30m, but for most commercial work usual CASA rules can work fine.
Thanks South

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
I took a on line course with National Drone School, only paid $30.00 for the course.
I received a certificate that I have completed the course of study, flying, controlling, and maneuvering, and FAA rules
and regulations. And, Qualified for flight. $1.700 seems like much. FLY SAFE.
Yes Aus systems are wacky. You need to go through a registered Training Provider which grants you the certificate and forwards it to the regulating authority for approval. Scam but there you go

Hey Glen,

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar.

Since you live in Australia, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

I'm a Yank and I cannot help you with your training course.

But here are some links you might try…

Good luck with your search and let us know what yu are flying and we might be able to provide some more useful links…

Happy, Safe and Legal Droning…

Greetings Glenn, welcome to the forum from the NT. I have the RePL, but work under the excluded category. Just do a web search for a training org in your area. They are all working from the same playbook, it’s only how convenient it is for you that matters. Hope this helps.
Regards
Thanks mr Cagey

Welcome to the forum Glen.

RePL for a commercial venture ?
You know about Excluded Category ?

Allows commercial ops up to 2kg I think with the usual CASA rules to fly.
RePL can get you closer to people 15m vs 30m, but for most commercial work usual CASA rules can work fine.
Hi, I have not found any references anywhere to 15 meters from people for RePL. If you have some information on this, I'd like to see.

Hi, I have not found any references anywhere to 15 meters from people for RePL. If you have some information on this, I'd like to see.
It’s an exemption for a particular flight you can apply for if you are licensed. It’s not standard for all flights if you hold RePL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661