DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autel Robitcs Sues DJI

Part of this appears to be over Tap2Fly. Personally, I don't see that as an infridgement. Aurtel's patent is so general.

I see this going on for awhile and DJI offering a settlement amount.

Furthermore DJI has much more money to burn in court. Not saying they are right or wrong, but I would say they have the financial advantage in any long, drawn out legal proceedings.

Reactions: Dizzy1971
I don't think this is about protecting their patent. Just trying for a quick money grab.
Those two things are not mutually exclusive. but protecting your patent is important, and legally, you are required too, or the patent becomes invalidated.

Reactions: Maviac
Last edited:
Here's a current thread about this topic:

"Filed 04/26/18" - Why is this suddenly surfacing now?

DJI are mega leaps ahead of Autel or any other drone manufacturer.
Autel have trouble making $ out of drone sales (even getting them to market) so it's an easy way to stay afloat, or at least Autel see it as easy.

The bond of 9.9%, not sure if this would be paid to Autel if this gets through the ITC full commission, or if it's more like a regular bond held by the ITC to ensure future compliance.
If DJI resolve the matter / change the design adequately, no bond is payable, but if they pay a bond, it more or less means they admit infringement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661