DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Automatic change of Home point - issue?

radzion

Reactions
I am an inexperienced user, but I have read the instructions carefully. However, I have not found an answer to my question and my problem.
I've done about 50 flights, but recently something unexpected happened to me.
I did the starting procedure correctly, the weather was very good, the drone was catching satellites, the H point was set correctly. I took off and flew several hundred meters for some time. After some time, the drone lost range and did not return home, but landed somewhere else. Fortunately, I was able to find him. I didn't know what happened. Only when I looked at the route of the entire flight in the application, I saw that the H point changed its location to the different one. Question - why?
The drone had enough batteries to go home, but it didn't and another H point appeared. Did it happen automatically? Or maybe I pressed something and did it wrong?
I am asking for help so that next time I know how to behave in such a situation. Fortunately, the drone landed on someone's backyard. Other times, I may not be so lucky. I count on the help of experienced colleagues :)

check the settings in the App for what the drone does if it looses connection,you can choose land ,hover ,or RTH sounds like you have not set it to RTH

check the settings in the App for what the drone does if it looses connection,you can choose land ,hover ,or RTH sounds like you have not set it to RTH
Yes, I understand. I checked in the app. The option is set to return to point H which is what I wanted. But why did the H point suddenly change to another while flying? The drone did not return and land next to me, just somewhere else.

The starting point is marked with a red circle - this is the original H point that suddenly changed to a different one. The question is why?

Attachments

• map_H_point.jpg
    map_H_point.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
@radzion yes that does seem strange ,i noticed that your signal strength meter was not very good how far from your original home point was the drone ,at the time that it landed by itself
another possible explanation for the new home point could be that the drone didnt think it had enough battery to make it back home and once it landed and the motors stopped, then if you had tried to take off again in an attempt to bring it home,then that would explain the new home point in the flight info

Not a MM2 owner, but that is strange.
I did see a video on this for changing the home point by dragging it on the map, but this is a conscious operation via settings . . .

If you weren't in here and playing with those settings, it's hard to work out.

Besides which, your photo above shows the home point isn't where it went on RTH, so . . .

If you have the log from that particular flight, maybe upload it and some analysis can be made on this.

Reactions: old man mavic
I am asking for help so that next time I know how to behave in such a situation. Fortunately, the drone landed on someone's backyard. Other times, I may not be so lucky. I count on the help of experienced colleagues :)
The most useful thing you could do to solve the mustery would be to post your flight data.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to .
your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides .. even if the report looks empty.
Or just post the .txt file here.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02