DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

battery cell broken

Gimenez307

Reactions
Hey, I read your guy's answers to why that could've happened. Question is, how do I send it back? Where to?
I bought it from a Best Buy Store, where should I go???

How old is it? How many cycle time? Is it brand new?
I've flown maybe 6 times max. It's basically brand new, thing is, it was in my car for a long time. I bought it November Last year, haven't used it since. Cycle time??? Where do I find that?

Ah.. seems to happen a lot. People leave the batteries unused for months only to find this fault when they try to use it. They shouldn't be left like that for so long. I think it's recommended to cycle at least every 3 months.
It's over 6 months old. No longer covered under warranty. I don't think there's much you can do.

Reactions: Gimenez307
Ah.. seems to happen a lot. People leave the batteries unused for months only to find this fault when they try to use it. They shouldn't be left like that for so long. I think it's recommended to cycle at least every 3 months.
It's over 6 months old. No longer covered under warranty. I don't think there's much you can do.
It came with three batteries, and the other two are fine. I guess that is the unlucky one. Still, I appreciate your time and help, thank you!

Lucky man! I'm surprised all of them aren't damaged by now. If it's puffy, you should dispose of it since it's a potential fire hazard.

Reactions: WAXMAN
It came with three batteries, and the other two are fine. I guess that is the unlucky one. Still, I appreciate your time and help, thank you!
Probably the case the unlucky one, as you put it, was at a lower state of charge than the other two. As you might now know, press the power button occasionally if you won’t be flying for a while and stick them back in the charger to bring them up around half way if they are betting low. This is a LiPO chemistry problem- not an issue specific to DJI batteries.

Never ever leavr your lipos in your car for long periods or not at all if it's really hot where you live you can destroy them the first time.. i live in SW florida and inside a car will get well over 200f not good for anything really..

Reactions: WAXMAN
I know this thread is a bit old but the information is not.

Never ever leave your lipos in your car for long periods or not at all if it's really hot

What @kidroc said is 100% accurate IMHO

Here is a great guideline by @msinger

I live in Arizona and the summer temps will reach 110 - 115 regularly and maybe 5 or so days it will reach 120. keep all Lipo batteries inside home during summer unless I am out flying first am.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14