DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery error - unable to land - NO RTH - hovering with yellow blinking

That's odd because I have an account at healthydrones.com too and all of my flights show varied battery temperatures and the max is over 100 degrees F.
Are they Mavic Pro flights?

That's odd because I have an account at healthydrones.com too and all of my flights show varied battery temperatures and the max is over 100 degrees F.

Now...granted, my flights are with an Inspire 1...but, that shouldn't make a difference, I would think.
HD isn't reporting the battery temperature correctly on any Mavic flights. The General > Overview screen always shows 32°F. However the Power > Battery screen seems to show a consistent temp of 89.6°F, so it's clear that either the battery temp info isn't being recorded, or the file format is somewhat different from DJI's other drones, such that HD isn't parsing it correctly.

UPDATE: Seems this is a known issue with the logs themselves, that the DJI GO logs aren't recording the battery's temp, cell deviations, or amperage. The battery serial number is not recorded in iOS, though Android is reporting it. So if the cause of the issue is your battery, it looks like the necessary info may not be recorded to the logs.

Last edited:
Reactions: DesertWindAero
Today I was investigating why data loss happened again. Everything was OK for 15 minutes. THEN my DJI GO 4 app (in Galaxy S7) freeze and since that time, in the log there are a lot of data loss records (Downlink data connection lost for 1.1 seconds).

Here is the first part of my flight - at the end DJI GO 4 app freeze, crashed... I also saw Mavic yellow blinking.
http://healthydrones.com/main?fl ... ENERALNotifications

and I reopened it again - it created second flight. Since this point - there are many disconnects and data loss.

I am sure it has something to do with the freezing and crashing DJI GO 4 app. It causes RC being in some "weird mode".

This is a movie from it:

Last edited:
Did you get the same battery error as a frozen app is different to what was described in the OP or at lease perhaps how I interpreted it.

Few things, I would try.
1. Make sure there is a good amount of storage available on your device and enable the app to automatically clear down the local cache if you have it enabled or even better just disable local cache for now.
2. Unplug the cable from the side of the controller completely and use a different cable connected to the bottom port of the controller. Do this before powering on the controller. I have seen several issues with the app disconnecting and they were all down to faulty cables. I had the same issue with my Lighting cable.

See if the above fix the issue for you and let us know.

Reactions: SeaFox
No battery error today. Just "data loss" and frozen app.
1. Yes, there is almost 15 GB of free space in device and 50 GB on SD card.
2. Same with another cable. Unfortunately.
3. It happends after 15-18 minutes. Like something is full and it crash (like some memory glitch or so).

I have not had any issues with mine but do not use it all the time.

I know you have tried many things to sort this now but are you able to borrow a phone from someone as at this stage I think you need to determine if it is actually the phone or possibly an issue with the Controller/Mavic. How was it with v3 of the app?

Today I was investigating why data loss happened again. Everything was OK for 15 minutes. THEN my DJI GO 4 app (in Galaxy S7) freeze and since that time, in the log there are a lot of data loss records (Downlink data connection lost for 1.1 seconds).

Here is the first part of my flight - at the end DJI GO 4 app freeze, crashed... I also saw Mavic yellow blinking.

and I reopened it again - it created second flight. Since this point - there are many disconnects and data loss.

I am sure it has something to do with the freezing and crashing DJI GO 4 app. It causes RC being in some "weird mode".

This is a movie from it:

Just pointing out that it's probably best to avoid communication / broadcast towers, they can cause interference. I know most of them are on different frequencies but they put out so much power they can interfere (experienced radio engineer).

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

How was it with v3 of the app?
Unfortunately, with DJI GO (v3) it is even worse. It does not freeze, but crash immediately, after 1-5 minutes of flight.

up&Adam: Yes, understand, but that was not the case. Disconnect were few meters away from me. Not near the tower with antenas...

See if you can try a different phone. At least then you can eliminate the controller/Mavic or phone...

I took out the Mavic yesterday and got disconnected as well. Of the two times that I've taken it out since it arrived last week, it's done this both times.

Last week, I was hovering nearby (first flight) and it was giving me radio interference and battery error warnings. There were 2 buildings nearby, but nothing between me and the drone. I was working, and going against the clock (sun setting), so immediately went to the P3P for the rest of the evening.

Yesterday, I was out in a bay, so apprehensive, but had to use the Mavic as I'd forgotten the P3P controller in the car. Worked fine for 2 batteries. On the next, more battery error messages and complete disconnection. I tried to finish off the shooting blindly as it's a bit of a rarity to be out on Matsushima Bay on a private boat just for shooting, but the footage was nothing to be excited about.

I am happy that the controller can work w/o the phone (Galaxy S7 Edge) as the P3P would be in the bay if it had similar issues. But the fact that I have to troubleshoot a brand new unit's problematic errors is a bit upsetting. I should have a little more time this weekend where I can try to take it out and test to see if only certain batteries have this issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661