DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Became more complicated than fun... Sold it!

Finally got tired of all the cryptic software/firmware and set-up options.

Sold it! Glad to be rid of it!!

Hope y'all have a more enjoyable time with your Mavics than I experienced.
Bummer but I also understand. It is a LOT to master. It's easier if you started "small" and worked up to it rather than just starting with something this sophisticated. The myriad of problems experienced lends itself to negative experiences as well. I hope you use the money for something that is a blast for you. Good luck!

Reactions: bagotfish
This is such a troll thread.
Ohhh, such a un satisfied customer here.
Sorry it wasn't what you expected.
Good luck with something that satisfies you.:eek:

This baffles me..... I guess I could understand the anxiety level might make this not fun to some..... but once you get over the fear....the Mavic is by far the most fun, easy to fly, well made, etc....drone under 1,000 bucks. So much so....I bought two!

Like mentioned above....

Glad you were smart enough to figure out this wasn't your thing and got out before it frustrated you more....

Good luck....maybe we will see you back someday....

This baffles me..... I guess I could understand the anxiety level might make this not fun to some..... but once you get over the fear....the Mavic is by far the most fun, easy to fly, well made, etc....drone under 1,000 bucks. So much so....I bought two!

I paid double, so I have twice as much happiness.

In Argentina the cost is above 2000 US dollars

If there isn't a viable downgrade path to 400 then I concur and I'll be moving away from Mavic too
Just not worth the trouble at that point.

Reactions: jimapp

Like mentioned above....

Glad you were smart enough to figure out this wasn't your thing and got out before it frustrated you more....

Good luck....maybe we will see you back someday....

I had mavic for months and my wife finally watched me fly for the first time the other day. She says "aren't you worried it's going to crash or never come back?

Every time I fly.

I'm not an overly anxious person, but if you were I can see how this could ruin its experience.

I've never had problems with firmware.

I've had nothing but enjoyment with it flying. If DJI can get the camera right then it will be a blast.

A good setup means a good flight.

Reactions: peros550
If the Mavic was too cryptic and confusing to understand , hope you have better luck with a girlfriend .

HA!!

Just celebrated the 43rd anniversary of our first date!

Relative to my experience of the Mavic... my first quad was (is) a Blade 350 QX3 which I fly mostly FPV. I'm no photographer nor am I interested in videography. So, for me the fun is in the flying. With the QX3, I turn it on, bind it and fly away. I have done the same thing with the Mavic but, for the $1400 I have in it, the additional options and settings were more of a nuisance than fun. Example: I couldn't figure out which settings to fool with to get the FPV view on my phone or tablet light enough to actually see while flying.

I walked into my LHS and a new Mavic Combo was sitting on the counter having been delivered by UPS just minutes before. It was an impulse buy. I'm sure it's everything y'all say it is. However, its capabilities require a lot more brain power than I, in my eighth decade, have left! (My Avatar pic was taken in 1967!)

Hope 'all enjoy clear skies and many fun hours!!

Very sory to hear it .but if it too hard for you to use it so good for you to sell it .(it was easy to sell it ...good market for good item)
And some one save some mony
By buy a used one
......advice for all of us -the mavic is not a real plane or army drone
But for a toy its great for some one that can spand 1000$ mini

I can understand him.
Lot of issues and too many minutiae to deal with.
Calibrations, mid-air interferences, good settings for the cam, firmware upgrades, more NFZ everyday, increasingly tight laws and let's suppose he's NOT using an Android device... If you're rookie (like me) you can get into paranoia.
Sad but true.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78