DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Buy Orders

Wishful thinking @Random155 ...after seeing multiple vendors pushing back delivery dates at least 3X I foresee BestBuy telling us at least 12/15 on the next update.

At some point these reps need to held accountable for the information that they provide. If you tell someone that they will receive something on a certain date, and then keep pushing it back, some sort of compensation should be in order. Now... the only reason I say this is because they could easily just old me that there is NO CURRENT ESTIMATED SHIP DATE. Not keep stringing us along like a bunch of idiots, just so we dont cancel on them. Again, I know it's not BB's fault, but dont tell me a date and push it back twice... tell me that we dont have an exact date, we'll let you know. That's what I'm trying to say.

How did they know it wasn't going to happen? That's probably what DJI was telling them. I doubt they base promised delivery dates on what they read on the internet

I emailed them a couple of days ago when the ship date changed to 11/30. The rep told me that 11/30 would be the latest that I would get the mavic, and I may get it much sooner. I ordered on 10/26 when the ship date was 11/2. I think we are in a good spot with BB, especially if you were one of the late orders. This is the email I received...

It appears that as of the moment, there has been no update yet as to when is the soonest time this item will be shipped. The 11/30/16 estimated arrival date is just the maximum timeframe though. This could be shipped weeks earlier than that. For tax issues, if you can provide the tax quick card number, I would appreciate that and will be glad to adjust the price after verifying and collecting the amount. Thank you.
If you have been reading this thread since the beginning you should know by now that the sales reps are totally unreliable. They were VERY reassuring numerous people they would get their Mavics by the end of October. Obviously that date has come and gone. The sales reps are no more knowledgeable now than they were a few weeks ago. It's possible we could get our Mavics soon. But I wouldn't get your hopes up based on anything the sales reps tell you.

BB will begin shipping their preorders as soon as they start receiving stock from DJI, which BB has absolutely no control over! BB cannot ship what they do not have, and they can only ship the quantity that they receive. The CSR reps can spin those facts any way they want, but it still won't change the result. You'll get it after they get it. Not a moment sooner, and only if they receive sufficient quantities to fulfill your order in the queue. :rolleyes: Based upon what we have seen so far, only token initial quantities are being shipped by DJI to the channel, which may not even come close to fulfilling even first day orders, and everyone else will be waiting a very long time, until production catches up with demand. Fly your P4 and/or P3 in the meantime! :cool:

At some point these reps need to held accountable for the information that they provide. If you tell someone that they will receive something on a certain date, and then keep pushing it back, some sort of compensation should be in order. Now... the only reason I say this is because they could easily just old me that there is NO CURRENT ESTIMATED SHIP DATE. Not keep stringing us along like a bunch of idiots, just so we dont cancel on them. Again, I know it's not BB's fault, but dont tell me a date and push it back twice... tell me that we dont have an exact date, we'll let you know. That's what I'm trying to say.
There is no point really by getting upset with the sales reps at BB or other retailers such as Apple or Amazon LLC. They are just reading to you what is on their screen. They don't know anything more or have anymore ability to communicate with DJI as we do. They might as well be mindless robots spouting off whatever information is available in the system. Only thing is, they are people making minimum wage, trying to do their job and pay their bills so they deserve to be talked to with some respect. If we had the ability to talk to someone higher up the chain, I might be more inclined to put some pressure on them to get more specific information from DJI. But even then, we are at the mercy of DJI.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Some good news is that some Apple orders are shipping. Apple got a pallet or two so possibly BB is next?
Makes sense so probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Apple was the only named store in the "in stores November 2nd" part of the Keynote Announcement, so I am sure they have priority, as a former exclusive partner on the P4. BB is somewhere further down the food chain, like B&H. They'll get them eventually. In the mean time, all the early bugs are being squashed, and the needed battery and transmitter mods have been developed, so it will be a mature product when we get finally get them. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
Apple was the only named store in the "in stores November 22nd" part of the Keynote Announcement, so I am sure they have priority, as a former exclusive partner on the P4. BB is somewhere further down the food chain, like B&H. They'll get them eventually. In the mean time, all the early bugs are being squashed, and the needed battery and transmitter mods have been developed, so it will be a mature product when we get finally get them. :cool:

wasn't it 11/2 for Apple?

I originally ordered my Mavic Pro on Sept. 28th from BB and called today and was told it should be shipping on the 25th. The order info has not been updated on the website and still shows processing and get it by Nov. 30th. My original ship date was Oct. 31st until it was moved to the Nov. 30th date. Hope to have it soon!!

I originally ordered my Mavic Pro on Sept. 28th from BB and called today and was told it should be shipping on the 25th. The order info has not been updated on the website and still shows processing and get it by Nov. 30th. My original ship date was Oct. 31st until it was moved to the Nov. 30th date. Hope to have it soon!!

I as well ordered it on the 28th. I guess that is some what decent news.

Like many othesr here I ordered my Mavic via BB on Oct 3rd, mainly because I have a ton of rewards points. With that said, within the past week I ordered 3 more Mavics via BB. They don't hit your credit card until shipment, thus I can always cancel. If per chance that I do receive all the Mavics that I ordered by 11/30 I think that I'm going to be one of "those guys" and sell them on eBay. They seem to be fetching an average of $1,700. Hell, I'm seeing authorized DJI dealers marking up "in stock" batteries by 100%. So I wouldn't feel the least bit guilty.

I was told by a manager at Best Buy that the elite members who ordered will receive them first and of course I'm not one so of course it's not any good news for me.

I was told by a manager at Best Buy that the elite members who ordered will receive them first and of course I'm not one so of course it's not any good news for me.

I'm a BB Elite member myself (P4 purchase and two batteries alone qualified me), and while that sounds great, the managers are the best "story tellers" of all! :p Not buying it! They would bump an Elite member order above an earlier non-Elite member preorder? Nothing about Elite membership has ever stated anything of the sort. Any earlier non-Elite preorder purchaser would have a right to be upset about any such change in the delivery process, which is supposed to be FIFO.

Your probably right I know when I called before they told me, for sure you will get the mavic on oct 30th and we all know how that turned out lol

Your probably right I know when I called before they told me, for sure you will get the mavic on oct 30th and we all know how that turned out lol

I've learned that none of them know what they are talking about. Some of them occasionally get it right, like a blind squirrel finding a nut! :p

My BB order of Sept. 28th still says "release date Nov 23rd, receive as early as Oct. 31st". My second order of Oct. 7th says "release date Nov. 15th, receive as early as Nov. 15th". As today is the 14th and no shipping info received, obviously BB doesn't have a clue as to when shipping is happening. I spoke to them earlier this week and was told to call back on the 15th if I had not received it. Really? As of now, I guess I will just leave it to fate, however, for fun, I will call them tomorrow to see what they say this time. Expect 'same ol, same ol' story. I will get it when I get it, hopefully one with the bugs worked out?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman