DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Best Roll back software

Pete69

Reactions
Hi. I recently upgraded to 1000 firmware. I'm unhappy with this new update and which to downgrade to 700. What in your opinions are the best software to use in order to achieve the downgrade without bricking Mavic.

Hi. I recently upgraded to 1000 firmware. I'm unhappy with this new update and which to downgrade to 700. What in your opinions are the best software to use in order to achieve the downgrade without bricking Mavic.

You have to use the latest version of DUMLDore (Windows). Or DroneZBreak (macOS): GitHub - mavicBreak/DroneZBreak: Change DJI drones flight controller parameters and flash firmwares natively on OSX

Check www.youtube.com/user/digdat0 for a guide and some important safety procedures for DUMLDore.

Make d4mn sure you download the correct firmware file for your drone or RC. You don't want to accidentally flash the wrong firmware to your Mavic (some guy flashed Phantom 4 firmware to his Phantom 4 Pro drone and bricked it).

DUMLDore/DroneZBreak will not tell you that you picked the wrong firmware for your drone.

Last edited:
You have to use the latest version of DUMLDore (Windows). Or DroneZBreak (macOS): GitHub - mavicBreak/DroneZBreak: Change DJI drones flight controller parameters and flash firmwares natively on OSX

Check www.youtube.com/user/digdat0 for a guide and some important safety procedures for DUMLDore.

Make d4mn sure you download the correct firmware file for your drone or RC. You don't want to accidentally flash the wrong firmware to your Mavic (some guy flashed Phantom 4 firmware to his Phantom 4 Pro drone and bricked it).

DUMLDore/DroneZBreak will not tell you that you picked the wrong firmware for your drone.

Great. Thanks. I’ll give it a try tomorrow

Great. Thanks. I’ll give it a try tomorrow

DigDat0 mentions using DUMLDore to make a backup of your current firmware as a way to confirm that your computer can communicate with your Mavic without problems.

If you're not sure if your drone is done with the update or not, whatever you do, DO NOT power off your drone. Instead, see if your RC can connect to the drone. If it can, it means the update is finished. If it cannot, it means the update is still going.

The slow flashing red LEDs on the Mavic also indicate that the firmware upgrade is still running.

You can open DJI Assistant to check on the progress percentage (sometimes it will get stuck on 99%). Digdat0 also mentions this.

Good luck!

Can you roll back from 1000? I read many were having issues going from 1000 to 700 for example wheras going from 900 back was fine?

I'll be using the MAC version. Do i have to downgrade the RC as well ?
You don't have to apparently but it might better to have matching firmwares.
I downgrade the RC to .700 without a problem!

You don't have to apparently but it might better to have matching firmwares.
I downgrade the RC to .700 without a problem!
Thanks i'll try. I guess i can always reset to factory settings in assistant 2 if something goes wrong in the process

Then you'll want to watch this video which shows how to do it using DroneZBreak. Digdat0 has links to both the app and firmware files. Please make sure you download the correct Mavic firmware and Mavic RC firmware.

Haven't managed to get the Mac software to work. Used DUMLdore on an old Windows laptop I had lying around.

Instead, see if your RC can connect to the drone. If it can, it means the update is finished. If it cannot, it means the update is still going.
This isn't good advice to give, connection may come and go several times during the update.

The end of the update is announced by a reboot with the DJI startup sound and no more front arm or battery LED activity.

1000 second release you couldn't for a couple of days but if you get the latest programs they have worked around the rollback block

Can you roll back from 1000? I read many were having issues going from 1000 to 700 for example wheras going from 900 back was fine?

I decided not to go on with it as it might void my warranty. You never know with DJI. I’ll have to wait for another update and hope it fixes this issue

Reactions: pshah
It's funny, I'm on 1000 with my own Mavic and thought it was quite good, but in the weekend rolled back a friends for him whose not really technically minded to .700 which was always a good firmware for me and WOW, I almost forgot how good it was, whist I was happy with the image on 1000, the image on .700 is SOOOOO much better, so I'm also going to roll back myself now.

It was quite easy, but I can't seem to roll back Dji Go4 to a previous version (iOS) so get a pop up box stating my flight will be limited to 50m and 30m etc... just tap and it's gone and there is no limitations at all on the Mavic.

What exactly were you having issue with the current firmware?

Well the exposure is well off. Even with ND filters I have to set the shutter at 200 to get a good picture and histogram. Just flew yesterday and after visioning it on my Mac it was all blurry. I shot with the AF enabled and that get worse when I yaw the aircraft. So for me it is a camera issue. Tried litchi as well and it seems to me it did a better work staying in focus. Apparently the flight controls are not affected by the new firmware just the picture

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee