DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new mavic cant use it, help.

Woodrow256

Reactions
I cant for the life of me get this thing connected to dji go. It says aircraft disconnected. I have tried multiple cords. The remote is linked,i assume since it moves the gimbal. What am i missing here? Its not on wifi either. My phantom 3 never gave me any trouble. At this point I'm seriously thinking of getting my money back.

Are you using the USB port in the bottom middle of the controller? If so the other cord from the side USB needs to be disconnected before it will recognize the bottom one

I got it working. I had to clear the cache. First startup with the app, a menu popped up about usb control or something. I checked the box the first time. Apparently that was not the thing to do. Then i had trouble registering the mavic. It would freeze. I got one flight in before sunset. I'm impressed. The distance is way further than my phantom 3 with dbs mod. I cant wait to log some real time tomorrow. Battery life seemed kinda short though. Also dji go4 crashed while i was far out.

Reactions: pgitug
Glad to hear you got it working. You sound like an on the edge kind of pilot. Did you order DJI refresh? You have 48 hours after activating the craft to do it the easy way.

If you did not buy it at the same time you need link your drone to the refresh account.

I'm having the same issue but with my Galaxy A5. Cant connect at all. I can see the image with the wifi mode on the drone (without RC in between). But once i have it on RC mode and plug my phone into the controller nothing happens. I do get a prompt after a while where it says that the "device" cant access my phone because it needs Android File Transfer app (an OSX app).

Am I missing a step?

Rotation off ,bottom usb works better, airplane mode. Turn remote on, then bird then I plug usb to phone

Make sure no other apps are running in background

I've seen that in other threads today look at those

I had the same issue with the Samsung tab 2.0. I have turn turn everything on and connect it then plug in the tablet and power it on. I cant find any other way to make it work. If I dont do this then it diverts to a P4 and wont connect.

Switch to iOS...Simple! I got so sick of fighting with the app on Android 7.0 , etc...

I've figured mine out. If my phone wont detect the remote when plugged in, i have to go select file transfer at usb menu at the notification pulldown. Then a popup asks what app to use for this device, litchi or go4. Some roms on nexus 6p will not work for some reason. I still get app crashes on some roms. Ive found the uber rom works the best but it is the only thing i like about that rom.

I had the same issue with the Samsung tab 2.0. I have turn turn everything on and connect it then plug in the tablet and power it on. I cant find any other way to make it work. If I dont do this then it diverts to a P4 and wont connect.
Had similar issues with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 tablet. Make sure to use the black USB cord provided with your Mavic Pro. It's the one you use to charge the controller. Once I did that, it asked if DJI Go 4 app should be default app that is launched when USB is plugged in. I replied no and it then connected fine. Other generic USB cables did not work.

I still have issues. Sadly, i rarely fly my mavic because i never know if my phone will cooperate. I can connect half the times though. The app freaking crashes constantly when i can actually fly. It takes the fun right out of it. I wish i never sold my phantom 3. Id at least have a backup option.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark