DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy Mavic Without Controller?

RC5728

Reactions
Where is a good place to buy a Mavic without a controller?

I lost my drone and I'm needing a replacement, but the old controller still works fine.

How hard will it be to link the new drone to the old controller?

DJI actually sells units for $759 without the controller, which can be found here.

Pairing is quite easy and is done with the DJI GO 4 app.

Last edited:
Nevermind, looks like my DJI account was still set to Indonesia from my trip there.

I'm seeing $759 now.

Are those shipping now (or soon), though?

I know DJI has been notoriously slow in the past.

Are those shipping now (or soon), though?

I know DJI has been notoriously slow in the past.
It says up to 20 business days. As for why your price shows differently, I'm not sure. Maybe if you sign in and add it to your cart it will fix it.

@RC5728 I updated the link in my initial post. Maybe that will fix the price. I'll leave it up to you where you choose to purchase your replacement. I've heard some users say that they start shipping Mavics as soon as the next day after ordering.

When I had to replace my Mavic but not the remote, I saw the same issue: the Mavic-only was £829 versus the compelte package for £1,099. £270 difference but an estimated 20 business days shipping; which in practice coudl mean over a month. So I ordered the full package; got my replacement mavic in 3 working days, and sold the remote for £220 and the charger for £45, making up the shortfall precisely. You don't get the charger either with the drone-only package.
Cheers,
Ian

Where is a good place to buy a Mavic without a controller?

I lost my drone and I'm needing a replacement, but the old controller still works fine.

How hard will it be to link the new drone to the old controller?

Contact DJI and tell them your story.
Most likely they will give you a 15% discount on a new Mavic body and send it out prioritizing your replacement.

They do it all the time. Trying to keep you as a customer.
I'm dealing with this situation right now & totally angry with DJI.
I lost my drone to the Caribbean sea in July. I paid for Care Refresh but couldn't recover the drone.
So they wouldn't honor the Care Refresh.
Everyone keeps telling me DJI would at least offer me a discount to replace the drone, even the DJI customer service person who opened my case told me they would but they haven't.
Not only that but DJI said it would take 3 days to analyze the flight records & logs & it took them more than 3 weeks. Now it's been 1 1/2 moths & still no offer.
I'd buy a new Mavic tomorrow if they would offer me a 15% discount as incentive.
I've been a big supporter of DJI products but they're losing me quickly.

Reactions: Advexure

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird