DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Call sign

Oyibo VFX

Reactions
Just received my official Belgium callsign (OO number) today. So proud. Just have to change it with another serial number.
But... it's an official aircraft

Reactions: mlaczek
Just received my official Belgium callsign (OO number) today. So proud. Just have to change it with another serial number.
Excellent, congratulations.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Are you allowed to tell us what it is or is it secret? Or just a long series of alphanumeric?
Regards,
-d.

Hello I live in Belgium, I am wondering, what are the benefits of registering your MP? Did you take the pilot license also ? Thanks

giphy.gif

Hello I live in Belgium, I am wondering, what are the benefits of registering your MP? Did you take the pilot license also ? Thanks

Yes. If you want to fly officially, your drone must be registered and insured. And officially, I mean outside your own property and above 10 meters altitude agl
BeUAS

Reactions: Tanguy
Regarding the registration.. what is the price?
I can't seem the find this info on the 'FOD mobility' website.

the only info i found is on a amatuer site from 06/2016: class 2 : €170 ex VAT

Regarding the registration.. what is the price?
I can't seem the find this info on the 'FOD mobility' website.

the only info i found is on a amatuer site from 06/2016: class 2 : €170 ex VAT
There is a document of their website but if you give me a PM, I can forward it to you as well.
You fill that out, scan and mail back to them. You'll get a reply for reception and after a while, in payment request for €131,00 incl. VAT. And they're forward the official after receiving this amount.
Please be aware that the sign is not transferrable. So, if you crash your drone after sending the application, you have to start (and pay) again. And since DJI likes to replace drones instead of fixing it... this is to be considered.
Further... if you just want to fly, then fly (within the restrictions). The Mavic is less the 1kg so you're safe. But if you fly with a Class II license, then it is required. Like insurance. I can give you the coordinates for that as well

Thank you for all the info. I already found the registration document.

I'm interested in registering because I want to go over the 10m limit without having to worry about publishing movies of those flights.
I was just gathering all the info to have an indication of the complete cost of it all.
The idea that when DJI replaces your drone, you have te re-register (and unregister the old one) did not yet crossed my mind.

Thanks again!

Thank you Thomas, but it looks like the registration number and callsign number are different. I was trying to apply for an airspace authorization in DCA(Washington D.C. area) , the FAA website set me to another one for a background check9Transportation Security Administration). I had to create an account and fill up a 5 pages form. They asked for Registration number and Callsign number?!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan