DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Camera settings?

If you qualify for an academic version (easy to do, as enrolling in even a single online college class, that you drop on the first day of class for a refund, makes you eligible to purchase it for 6 months thereafter), for $10 more per month, you get the entire Creative Suite, which includes Premiere Pro CC.
Non first day drop outs also qualify. If you have a legit student in a household get them to sign up. If your prepared to cheat why not just torrent a dodgy version.

Non first day drop outs also qualify. If you have a legit student in a household get them to sign up. If your prepared to cheat why not just torrent a dodgy version.
If you are registering yourself as a student, it's not cheating. It's technical loophole that Adobe is happy to encourage. When the promotional year is up, call Adobe to cancel, and they will not only let you renew it for $20 a month as a nonstudent, they will also comp you 3 months of the new 12 month subscription as an enticement! Just happened! Thumbswayup

If you are registering yourself as a student, it's not cheating. It's technical loophole that Adobe is happy to encourage. When the promotional year is up, call Adobe to cancel, and they will not only let you renew it for $20 a month as a nonstudent, they will also comp you 3 months of the new 12 month subscription as an enticement! Just happened! Thumbswayup
I don’t have to look far to find a current student with a university email address.

Subscribed to creative cloud for a fair while- let it lapse recently. Luma Fusion and Affinity photo are doing everything I need on the iPad. Especially now that SSD external drives are natively supported.

I don’t have to look far to find a current student with a university email address.

Subscribed to creative cloud for a fair while- let it lapse recently. Luma Fusion and Affinity photo are doing everything I need on the iPad. Especially now that SSD external drives are natively supported.
Whatever works for you. Technically, using an academic version assigned to another person is a violation of the TOS, but Adobe is just happy for the revenue, and likely to look the other way.

While I now do almost everything else on my iPad Mini 5, rendering 4K video files with PPCC is something still best done on my desktop, and the output better appreciated on the attached 4K monitor.

Morning to all, not sure if am in the right forum but am going to ask anyway. I own a mavic 2 pro for the last 6 month brand new out of the box but am having problems with the camera gimbal it keeps twitching. ANY HELP will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Ray

Morning to all, not sure if am in the right forum but am going to ask anyway. I own a mavic 2 pro for the last 6 month brand new out of the box but am having problems with the camera gimbal it keeps twitching. ANY HELP will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Ray
Recommend start your own thread for the problem with your drone.

Whatever works for you. Technically, using an academic version assigned to another person is a violation of the TOS, but Adobe is just happy for the revenue, and likely to look the other way.

While I now do almost everything else on my iPad Mini 5, rendering 4K video files with PPCC is something still best done on my desktop, and the output better appreciated on the attached 4K monitor.

Thanks for the advise

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have now owned my mavic pro 2 for a week and doing my first scenery flight today in a beautiful place called tobermory Ontario , Canada

I am an absolute rookie and have basic knowledge with photography.

I would like the best camera settings and when I search I come across many however don’t have a clue which one to choose.

Any suggestions of a possible link which I could follow and learn along with step by step instructions .

I am not a photographer however just a dude looking to have fun today .

Thank you
Start with researching/searching for using the "Histogram" as well as the "over-exposure warning/zebra stripes"...Those two tools that are part of the settings in the camera will give you a good base to build on.
Best to get familiar with how to optimize your original image while shooting before trying to learn the post-editing (lightroom/photoshop, etc)
I always suggest that a "new" user should take some time and just sit the drone on a bench/seat and just take some photos at a static scene and then mess with the settings to see what happens and how it affects the image. That practice will help when you are flying and need to make adjustments.
As most are stating, Starting off in "auto" will achieve some nice results...most get out of auto because of the constant changes of the lighting, etc that flying a drone will cause and the automatic adjustments are visible in the finished video/image.

This little guide from DJI has some basic info, also.

And the Go 4 manual has some better explanations of the settings

I'd like to see how ya make out. Good luck
I have now owned my mavic pro 2 for a week and doing my first scenery flight today in a beautiful place called tobermory Ontario , Canada

I am an absolute rookie and have basic knowledge with photography.

I would like the best camera settings and when I search I come across many however don’t have a clue which one to choose.

Any suggestions of a possible link which I could follow and learn along with step by step instructions .

I am not a photographer however just a dude looking to have fun today .

Thank you

If you don't really want to learn the mechanics of photography, just leave it all on full AUTO and the settings will try to adjust to your environment and change when you turn the craft.

However, getting the "the best camera settings" and not wanting to know the why (just having fun) aren't compatible. Each time you fly, the conditions can be different / requiring different settings, and you have to know the why to know that (if you really want to do that).

"Any suggestions of a possible link which I could follow and learn along with step by step instructions ."

Basic photography. The topics to google are are:
  • The exposure triangle (shutter, aperture, ISO)
  • Using a histogram to help control / monitor exposure
  • White balance
  • Video recording / color mode, advantages
  • The Mavic owners manual for
    • Changing exposure / recording settings
    • How to focus (manual, auto, continuous)
More advanced topics are:
  • How to post process RAW files (DNG still images), unless you just want to accept the JPGs
  • How to process Video footage
  • How / why to set the FPS (low FPS vs. higher speed)
Flying modes for photographers
  • Tripod mode (Mavic owners manual)
  • Cinematic mode (Mavic owners manual)
  • Google: better yaw settings for smoother panning. Better gimbal settings for smooth movement.
Chris

Chris
Nice summary. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Start with researching/searching for using the "Histogram" as well as the "over-exposure warning/zebra stripes"...Those two tools that are part of the settings in the camera will give you a good base to build on.
Best to get familiar with how to optimize your original image while shooting before trying to learn the post-editing (lightroom/photoshop, etc)
I always suggest that a "new" user should take some time and just sit the drone on a bench/seat and just take some photos at a static scene and then mess with the settings to see what happens and how it affects the image. That practice will help when you are flying and need to make adjustments.
As most are stating, Starting off in "auto" will achieve some nice results...most get out of auto because of the constant changes of the lighting, etc that flying a drone will cause and the automatic adjustments are visible in the finished video/image.

This little guide from DJI has some basic info, also.

And the Go 4 manual has some better explanations of the settings

Thanks for these links. I bookmarked these.

Reactions: jmbsmt63
I have had good luck with stills & videos using the NDPL16 filter for sunny days & the camera setting is set to AUTO. This seems to enhance colors & give some `depth` to the shot. Anyone else tried this??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661