DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can I fly bvlos now?

• Thread starter Deleted member 160650
  • Start date
One might ask why automakers sell cars in the US with speedometers that read 120 mph or more if we're not allowed to drive that speed.
Because the same car can be used in a Raceway making legal that activity.

Reactions: thispilothere
Because the same car can be used in a Raceway making legal that activity.
And those drones can be flown under waivers that remove restrictions and in countries with looser regulations. Though that possibility is about as rare as truly stock automobiles being run on racetracks. Manufacturers can't be held responsible for selling only products that are unable to break laws. That's an unreasonable burden on business.

Reactions: zeusfl
Can you fly BVLOS? Maybe, if you can fly.
May you fly BVLOS? No.
Short answer No, you can not fly BLOS in the US.

Sorry for the miss understanding. Spanish is my primary language. This may cause the confusion 🤣

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I once got a letter of reprimand for using all caps in an email, a method of yelling... lol. Just saying. The double exclaims is another "harsh" use of punctuation. So there!

My bosses letter was written in all bold, sort of a sign he was doing what had to be done, but didn't agree with HR on the subject.

Reactions: MS Coast
It's a grammar thing. "Can" means that you're able to do it. "May" means that you're allowed to do it.

(Offered in grateful remembrance of the best teacher I ever had, Ms. Mary Gatlin.)

Actually - may doesn't really mean that; though it has been misused to the point people now infer that is what it means and dictionaries have added that use. May - original use - only states you might have an opportunity to do so, not that you can do so. "expressing possibility or opportunity" --- But now I'm just being pedantic. :cool:

I once got a letter of reprimand for using all caps in an email, a method of yelling... lol. Just saying. The double exclaims is another "harsh" use of punctuation. So there!

My bosses letter was written in all bold, sort of a sign he was doing what had to be done, but didn't agree with HR on the subject.

Once again NEGATIVE! I wrote that to give EMPHASIS to the error of his assumption. It's a serious topic and if the OP and others think that a simple "Report on BVLOS" in any way could be remotely misconstrued to mean it's legal then they are missing the point and EMPHASIS is needed. If I had wanted to be harsh I could have and WOULD have made it very clear what I meant. I was concise while also adding the needed EMPHASIS on the topic at hand. Stop trying to add intent or meanings that are just simply NOT there. If you take such a small comment and 2 punctuation marks to have such dire and deep meaning that is 100% on you for being wrong.

If you call that harsh, you've lived as very soft and charmed life.

How is an all caps email in ANY way remotely similar to using dual exclamation points? You're now officially comparing apples to mudholes and trying to support an erroneous statement.

You're NOT going to put words/expression into MY comment that I, as the author, never put.

Oh god - sorry I tried to lighten the mood. I was in no way condemning your post @BigAl07. Instead, I was just saying that we all get in trouble for doing things we normally do on a daily basis.

It also shows that some forms of humor are totally lost in translation in text only conversations. It also shows people seem to want to take offense at totally innocent posts.

ps:
How is an all caps email in ANY way remotely similar to using dual exclamation points? You're now officially comparing apples to mudholes and trying to support an erroneous statement.

You're NOT going to put words/expression into MY comment that I, as the author, never put.

Except you ARE using all caps, just as I did in that email I got a letter for, lol. You gotta see the humor in this.

• Haha
Reactions: Beet
Sorry for the miss understanding. Spanish is my primary language. This may cause the confusion 🤣

No, no no, this CAN cause confusion (LOL, totally just taking the mickey 😆😛😉).

Great having so many backgrounds and people in foreign lands here / diversity in countries, the World really is a smaller place still due to this mix.

Sometimes as a consequence of language, lack of facial expressions, and sometimes a general lack of schooling opportunities in some places, peoples speeling (lol, pun intended), grammar, text expression can cause a little confusion.
Grammar police will jump on people sometimes, but most can easily work out what people mean, it's not hard to do so and not rebuke peoples use of the English language.

Just very glad the forum is in English, and not any of the 7000 + other languages across the globe !!

Reactions: Beet and BigAl07
to clear that Eucalyptus tree

I've seen Eucalyptus trees in drone videos in the US, and always wondered if they are species from Australia.
We generally call them Gum trees.
I was curious so went for a look around the web, noted on Wiki that while many countries do cultivate our species, there are 9 varieties that are non Australian . . . so there you go, we don't have exclusive ownership of our beloved Gum tree.

It's a grammar thing. "Can" means that you're able to do it. "May" means that you're allowed to do it.

(Offered in grateful remembrance of the best teacher I ever had, Ms. Mary Gatlin.)
Mrs. Irene Webster for me. Her other biggy was “W”, that is a “double U” not a “dubyah”..

I've seen Eucalyptus trees in drone videos in the US, and always wondered if they are species from Australia.
Yes, they are ... there are more eucalypt trees outside Australia than in it.
But they are all or almost all Australian species
I was curious so went for a look around the web, noted on Wiki that while many countries do cultivate our species, there are 9 varieties that are non Australian . . . so there you go, we don't have exclusive ownership of our beloved Gum tree.
>700 species in Australia and a tiny number in New Guinea and one that extends as far as the Philippines.

• Love
Reactions: Beet
Using just capital letters in a word, is classed as shouting by many in social media these days.
Maybe the OP is one of the many.
P.

At this point the thread is not going anywhere and should be close.

Reactions: Reid937
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13