DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can not remove radar screen from app

I have the exactly same issue you spoke. I fly frequently using the Radar and if I keep the iPhone 7 Plus with home button to left side, the directions displayed become wrong.

Is this an issue with interference from RC to Mobile phone compass ?

The controller gimbals (control sticks) have powerful magnets on them. These are what messes up the compass on your phone. Try sliding the phone away from controller so that only the corners are in the holder. Don't use connector bracket that slides. Remove it and just plug cable intro phone so you have more flexibility in sliding phone out. You can also try turning phone around 180 degrees, or use a mount that lifts phone above controller.

Whenever I get everything turned on and ready to fly, before I takeoff I check the radar to see if it's true (iPhone 7). If it's off, and it often is, I rotate the phone out a bit away from the controller with its cable still connected and then rotate it back in place. That usually works and keeps it true for that flight.

That radar is very important. It has a great deal of information which includes:
- Direction that the craft is from you. The little white triange at the top of the circle represents the front side of your controller. This should be lined up with the craft (the blue triangle) for optimal signal.

- The direction that the craft is pointing. When you want to fly the craft home, you orient the blue triangle so that if points toward the middle of the circle, which is toward you.

- The shaded half circle shows your roll (left and right lean) and pitch (forward and backward lean). When you press the right stick toward the left, the shaded half circle will tilt, representing the angle of the craft. This lets you know that the craft is responding.

- In sports mode, the outside of the radar will be the tachometer. When you push the right stick forward and/or left stick forward, the RPM (or Power) will increase and is represented by the line around the outside of the circle. The line goes clockwise around the radar circle. The line is green and with more speed turns blue. For maximum efficiency and max flight distance, keep the RPM/power line near the green/blue intersection.
Are you running the Go4 app on an Android device? The reason I ask is some of your description seems to differ from what I see on mine and I am running on IOS (Mini 2 and Iphone 6s). For example, my craft is a designated by a red arrow not blue...etc. Just curious why they would differ between IOS and Android.

Are you running the Go4 app on an Android device? The reason I ask is some of your description seems to differ from what I see on mine and I am running on IOS (Mini 2 and Iphone 6s). For example, my craft is a designated by a red arrow not blue...etc. Just curious why they would differ between IOS and Android.
I run both versions. I was describing from memory and just made a mistake.

I am on android, red triangle and all....but I also have a green line that always tracks from the red aircraft icon back to the home point no matter my aircrafts orientation. I wouldn't leave home without it.

I am on android, red triangle and all....but I also have a green line that always tracks from the red aircraft icon back to the home point no matter my aircrafts orientation. I wouldn't leave home without it.
Sounds like you're looking at the map view. Hit the tiny icon in the upper right corner of the mini-map to reveal the radar.

Reactions: ProCharger
That radar is very important. It has a great deal of information which includes:
- Direction that the craft is from you. The little white triange at the top of the circle represents the front side of your controller. This should be lined up with the craft (the blue triangle) for optimal signal.

- The direction that the craft is pointing. When you want to fly the craft home, you orient the blue triangle so that if points toward the middle of the circle, which is toward you.

- The shaded half circle shows your roll (left and right lean) and pitch (forward and backward lean). When you press the right stick toward the left, the shaded half circle will tilt, representing the angle of the craft. This lets you know that the craft is responding.

- In sports mode, the outside of the radar will be the tachometer. When you push the right stick forward and/or left stick forward, the RPM (or Power) will increase and is represented by the line around the outside of the circle. The line goes clockwise around the radar circle. The line is green and with more speed turns blue. For maximum efficiency and max flight distance, keep the RPM/power line near the green/blue intersection.

Thank you for this info ..!

Reactions: CyberNate

So if you have it idle in windy conditions with no input the power % (rpm) will tell you in percentage the power input required to keep it in place?
For example if it's at +80% power to keep still you should bring it back?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams