DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you buy just the drone it's self?

AnchorageAk

Reactions
I would like to have a spare Mavic. Can't find one for sale on the DJI store. Or, maybe I didn't look in the right place.

You can buy just the Mavic aircraft from DJI here.

Reactions: CyberNate
Honestly though, I had the exact same wants...(a spare drone). But if you add it up, and consider all the pros....it will make sense to just buy the basic mavic....(999.00 vs 799)

The benefits are:
1) it will come with a battery, controller, and a charger....
2) you won't have to keep pairing the controller back and forth between units,

3) the problem may be with the controller at some point,

4) the advantage of having a complete spare setup for spouse, friends etc....

5) when and if you ever send your unit in for refresh/repair....you may need to send the controller in as well (I did) and they request it.....

So, if you are truly purchasing it for a backup (i.e.: business use) then consider the benefits....[emoji12]

Honestly though, I had the exact same wants...(a spare drone). But if you add it up, and consider all the pros....it will make sense to just buy the basic mavic....(999.00 vs 799)

The benefits are:
1) it will come with a battery, controller, and a charger....
2) you won't have to keep pairing the controller back and forth between units,

3) the problem may be with the controller at some point,

4) the advantage of having a complete spare setup for spouse, friends etc....

5) when and if you ever send your unit in for refresh/repair....you may need to send the controller in as well (I did) and they request it.....

So, if you are truly purchasing it for a backup (i.e.: business use) then consider the benefits....[emoji12]
That is a good way to look at it. I am not certain which way to go now. Not a business, and I have the P4, and P4P. It does come with a battery, and it is $759.
Mavic Pro - Aircraft (Excludes Remote Controller and Battery Charger) | DJI Store

Clink on the link I posted. I am confused about just buying the drone. I did add it to my cart, and did every thing but hit enter.

BillinAnchorage here .. sloppy flying weather eh! A friend at work and myself just picked up Mavic's from bestbuy. Love it!!!

For malaysia, it says 899... I wonder why it cost more in Asia than it is from US or EU...

:(

I tried both links and they both show $899 for me... Definitely doesn't seem to be be worth it. Screenshot_2017-03-30-22-15-27.png

You have to register an account and in that account point to your home location, only then the price will change accordingly.. IIRC

Didn't seem to make a difference.. I logged in and verified that my location was the US (it was), but it still shows as $899

Reactions: Cerberus
Didn't seem to make a difference.. I logged in and verified that my location was the US (it was), but it still shows as $899

Thats weird... how about the price on a basic package (RC, AC and battery and stuff)? HOw much does it show for you there?

You will only see the $759 price if you browse DJI's website from a desktop computer. For some reason, their mobile website shows the $899 price. If all you have is a mobile device, then select the option to "Request Desktop Site" in the web browser to ensure you're not viewing the mobile version of the website.

Reactions: Soundtekk
You will only see the $759 price if you browse DJI's website from a desktop computer. For some reason, their mobile website shows the $899 price. If all you have is a mobile device, then select the option to "Request Desktop Site" in the web browser to ensure you're not viewing the mobile version of the website.
I am going to start calling you the mystery man, because your so good at solving them. LOL

Last edited:
Well that is certainly bizarre , but it worked . . . I used my tablet but made sure I was on the desktop site and it showed $759..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J