DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Care Refresh - Using it without crashing?

stratos

Reactions
Hey Guys,

I was wondering, I hope I dont get into any crash and that I dont have to request a refresh.
So lets say that many of use fly really safe and are really lucky. If the year of care refresh is about to end, would you trigger a care refresh to get a "new mavic" ? will they replace it even if doesnt have any damage?

Thoughts?

1) they will not replace your mavic if there is nothing wrong with it... now if you had an accident as a result before the year is up that would be another story.

2) they don't have to give you a new one, it is usually refurbished. It probably a unit someone else had crashed and they rebuilt.

Read their terms. Also crashes on purpose are not covered and void the contract.

Read their terms. Also crashes on purpose are not covered and void the contract.
For sure... but if an "accident" were to happen. :)
i would not do it.. I don't want to get a refurb drone back.

For sure... but if an "accident" were to happen. :)
i would not do it.. I don't want to get a refurb drone back.
They'll check your flight log.
Plus it would be cheating on the community making this service more expensive for everyone...

Reactions: bandroidx
It's not different to any other insurance.
Both in coverage and fraud....

They'll check your flight log.
Plus it would be cheating on the community making this service more expensive for everyone...

Someone just posted using their DJI Care Refresh after breaking a tab on their arm. All damage doesn't happen while flying. It could have fallen out of your backpack.

It's not different to any other insurance.
Both in coverage and fraud....

Huh? I think everyone is thinking in a way different way to what the actual question is:

The question is:

If by the end of the care refresh coverage will it be worth to refresh your Mavic even if you have not crashed.
Now as some have already point out they will only refresh it if there something wrong.

No one is talking about doing any kind of fraud, ****.

The initial question was answered in the second post...

I admit I added the "also crashes on purpose are not covered" to the topic and am now just commenting on the '"accident" were to happen'

Sell it at the end of the year and buy a new one, or even better, give State Farm a call and buy a policy from them or another insurance carrier. Then you can own it for life without fear of insurance expiring on you.

If it lasts a year without issue then you've got a known good one, personally I'd want to keep it rather than gamble on a new unproven shiny one

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Kilrah
I'm sure when I took our refresh it guaranteed a new drone and not a refurbished one , I thought refurbished ones were used for any warrantee repair

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Don't know what the terms were when you got yours but last Friday it read new or refurbished.

You've given me an idea. I didn't crash my car last year, so do you think my insurance company might pay for a full paint re-spray, and maybe renew my upholstery?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan