DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Mobile Charging

Nemo5632

Reactions
Hey all.

Is it possible to stop the controller charging the mobile device connected?

I have a dedicated android device that only runs the DJI app. I have been looking of ways to stop the controller running down so fast. I do have power banks, but it would help if I could stop the controller charging the device.

As far as I heard, there is nothing you can do on Androids,however last topic I saw about that someone mentioned it doesn´t charge when using iPhones instead.
I don´t know why or even if this is confirmed since I only have Android devices.
Lets see if someone can come with more info.

However, when talking about battery life, Today with 4 batteries I still have 50% on the controller, pretty good in my view.
If you charge the controller for about 10 minutes between each flight, you can easily fly 6-8 full batteries and still have something around 40% on the controller

Thanks for the reply.

That's interesting on the iphone, i have always been Android. But i will look into that.

I'm off traveling to New Zealand in a few months, And power is at a premium for me. The less i need to recharge the better. Would interesting to see if this can be done.

Some phones when rooted can run utilities that stop them from charging, but apart from that no.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911