DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracks in mavic

JohnnyD913

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I noticed in the back of my mavic around a screw hole and where the top part of body and lower half have small cracks and none of the screws will tighten. This was a warranty replacement less than two weeks old. I guess I should start calling dji and looking into another bird. Has anyone had similar issues

Share a picture of it Johnny .

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Image1520733426.160647.jpgImage1520733468.012426.jpgImage1520733487.139203.jpg

As you can see the screw looks to have been over tightened. The remaining cover has that gap and the screws won’t tighten, it’s like they are stripped.
I haven’t been rough on it or crashed

Reactions: Former Member
I noticed in the back of my mavic around a screw hole and where the top part of body and lower half have small cracks and none of the screws will tighten. This was a warranty replacement less than two weeks old. I guess I should start calling dji and looking into another bird. Has anyone had similar issues
I think I would take issue with that.

Yeah that don't look good at all. let's see what @Thunderdrones thinks about it .

That doesnt come from overtightening of the screws. Looks like they sent you back someones broken bird.I have never seen that happen out of the box, even after rough handling.

I would send it back asap and dont fly it any more.

EDIT: It might be 2 weeks old in your hands, but maybe older in someone elses hands.

I've received "new" drones back from DJI refresh only to find flight history on the unit. Either the shipper used it to chock the wheels during delivery or it had an engine out at a high AGL. Call customer service, ask to speak top a supervisor, be assertive, tell them you want a new drone and not a refurbished unit. if you fly it they will know so take Thunderdrones' advice and park it till you get a shipper from DJI. If you haven't dealt with them you are up for a lesson in patience but they are effective. The replacement time is due to their selling these things all around the globe. Can you imagine the poor sap in shipping and receiving :(

good luck

Can you imagine the poor sap in shipping and receiving :(

Probably 1 person doing both jobs at DJI lol

OP, BTW, where did you send your Mavic for the warranty issue, and where did the replacement come back from? Cerritos or Texas?

I hate to think DJI has taken a further step backward in their customer service.

Once i emailed customer service and simply used the word "repair" in a sentence when inquiring about the status of a refresh. One of the more enthusiastic customer service reps grabbed my drone off the shelf in Cerritos and shipped that bad boy off to Texas for repair! LMBO.

Its funny now but just be careful what you say or type, and if talking, ask them to repeat back what you asked. You'll be surprised how many are simply reading scripts and don't have a clue what your saying. That's not to imply incompetence on DJI staff, they bust their humps to get all of us our toys.

I appreciate all your guys input and it was very good I might add.
It sounds pretty unanimous that a trip back to the factory is in order.
I cannot complain about dji and there service to me so far.
First thing was my p4 that I bought in May 17 developed stress cracks and
One pretty good one. Mine was a refurb that I sent in and the phantom I
Received back had a different serial number and no letter r! I wonder if they sent me a new one. Second thing was in Dec. My mavic went insane, every error u can imagine and it was never found. I sent dji the data and they replaced it free under warranty.
I have dji care refresh but I didn’t have to use it but from the looks of the bird they
Sent this time they didn’t care. I’m gonna send it in and tell them it’s a warranty claim again.
Wha do you guys think

I think that could definitely happen from over tightening screws into plastic from factory for sure! U guys remember the small screws in the gimbala arms and what happened when they were overtightened??? I wouldnt fly it..it does look like someones old crash....notice the seam in back where top of body meets the bottom also ....guess dji is asleep when they inspect these birds.....hit dji up

I think that could definitely happen from over tightening screws into plastic from factory for sure! U guys remember the small screws in the gimbala arms and what happened when they were overtightened???

Yes the gimbal covers crack easily, sometimes even if you overtighten them one time. The Mavic body and arms are made from a less brittle material than the gimbal covers, and you can overtighten until the cows come home, but it wont crack that material, it will just strip your screw hole.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15