DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed , bottom sensors to blame

Not sure the best solution if you are just downloading to your computer . . it's easily done
Will do. Where do i find it.

Not sure the best method because although its easy to download the log file it's not so easy to interpret it. I use Healthydrones and it gives me all kinds of additional analysis like where the camera is pointing or how the battery temp responded to SPORT mode and tons of other stuff. With healthy drones you upload to the DJI cloud and then they download from there and do a bunch of analysis and charts. You can look here in google to find other ways> I think the youtube video by Lin is pretty much it!

Been using ipad mini 4 for first time today. Mmmm. Noticed when inserted into tx mount it rubs against sport mode switch. Heve relieved plastic so it cant move switch. May have been the problem.

Reactions: Cookedinlh
Been using ipad mini 4 for first time today. Mmmm. Noticed when inserted into tx mount it rubs against sport mode switch. Heve relieved plastic so it cant move switch. May have been the problem.
Yes that definitely sounds like a more likely possibility than the software . . can you post a photo?

I uded to have this setup on mi iphone, but changed to this,

Attachments

• 20161205_180031.jpg
    20161205_180031.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 160
  • 20161205_180004.jpg
    20161205_180004.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 150
  • 20161222_175735.jpg
    20161222_175735.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 157
  • 20161226_145326.jpg
    20161226_145326.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
  • 20161226_145356.jpg
    20161226_145356.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 163
I uded to have this setup on mi iphone, but changed to this,
Very interesting . .something the DJI guys never noticed with their ergonomics analysis . . . I think they must have thought of everything else though . . pretty nice design point the Mavic Controller . . thanks for the photos

Reactions: Scunna
Review your flight log. Is it possible it exited tripod mode? Mine did that when flying indoors over a railing. It started to move up when over the railing (obstacle avoidance). When I pulled down it tried to land. Not seeing that it was landing, just seeing it moving down, I pulled up, but the landing made it exit tripod mode and my pulling up was way faster than expected so it slammed in to the ceiling.. now UPS'd to DJI in California. Arrived on Friday but ups says rescheduled for holidays. Hopefully they're open tomorrow. Sending it from Victoria, BC took 5 days... I'm going to pay for fast shipping on the return.

Review your flight log. Is it possible it exited tripod mode? Mine did that when flying indoors over a railing. It started to move up when over the railing (obstacle avoidance). When I pulled down it tried to land. Not seeing that it was landing, just seeing it moving down, I pulled up, but the landing made it exit tripod mode and my pulling up was way faster than expected so it slammed in to the ceiling.. now UPS'd to DJI in California. Arrived on Friday but ups says rescheduled for holidays. Hopefully they're open tomorrow. Sending it from Victoria, BC took 5 days... I'm going to pay for fast shipping on the return.
Was not in tripod mode.

I learned not to fly indoors. Tried it loads of times, unlucky this time lol. No tripod mode, front sensors and obstacle avoidance turned off , bottom sensors on. Lesson learned !

According to the manual It won't use precision landing (using the optical downward sensors) unless you go up to at least 10mts when taking off

Yes, Opti shows up only when there is enough light in the room for the sensors to work, changing lighting conditions as it flies is probably the culprit. Can one fly with no sensors on?
I think disabling obstacle detection and downward vision systems might? Not sure though.

I can confirm trying it out indoors is a bad idea. I have seen 10000 videos of the Mavic just floating around inside steady, I thought it'd work for me too. It didn't.

It started going backwards, didn't respond to commands and just crashed to the wall. I think the sensors may have thought it was drifting the other way and so it tried to correct itself.

Reactions: Michaelangelo
One thing I love about the Mavic is that it's so small it doesn't attract a lot of attention.

This!!!! Also not just the size but the fans, they are much quieter, and get quieter with distance. Way better than my P3.

Reactions: xpower180
The group that were watching drone whilst i video'd statue loved the drone, they even posed for a photo lol.

I can confirm trying it out indoors is a bad idea. I have seen 10000 videos of the Mavic just floating around inside steady, I thought it'd work for me too. It didn't.

It started going backwards, didn't respond to commands and just crashed to the wall. I think the sensors may have thought it was drifting the other way and so it tried to correct itself.

I posted this same scenario several weeks ago.... I contacted DJI and they wanted me to send it in... I don't see any "problems" outside, so I was not interested, but I submitted the ticket as a "fly away" since IMHO it exhibited fly away symptoms. Basically, it went haywire inside, stopped responding to the RC, and flew hard left (if memory serves) at full speed into the wall (10-15' away).

For what it is worth.... I had it looking into a TV as well that was very reflective, so maybe that has something to do with it. Although, it was not "pointed" at the TV (8-10" away) when it stopped responding.

That was my 2nd and last indoor flight. The first was merely up and spinning.

Connect to assistant 2 on your computer with mavic powered on and get the dat file. Upload to Dropbox or google drive and post the link here.

Connect to assistant 2 on your computer with mavic powered on and get the dat file. Upload to Dropbox or google drive and post the link here.

I'm not sure if that was to me specifically or the OP; however, I figured more data never hurts... This is from the iPhone app not the Mavic. Does that really matter? Strange that the DJI support wanted me to directly upload the Go4 logs (had already downloaded manually and removed the app from that device) and did not suggest the Mavic directly...

You can see it is jumping in and out of ATTI mode..

ExpireBox | FLY017.DAT

I also uploaded the logs to Phantom Logs - Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Reactions: stpatrick

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4