DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my mavic and gimbal and camera dont work

tomrap

Reactions
So i crashed my mavic... and the gimbal wont move and i cant see an image coming from my phone.

any tips? or am i just screwed?

The camera connector came unfastened..they do not use any type of adhesive on the connector like they do the forward sensors and ribbons. As for the gimbal not working..you ripped your gimbal ribbon cable. Just fixed mine for $35.
fea621aa33a916f1f069226a46f83281.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Enigma and tomrap
4b5e8375e3063d28185938a766cadad9.jpg

Bought it from F-stop.. $40 bucks..way cheaper than a refresh or repair.

The cable is very intricate and small. All the old black silicone has to be removed from the 3 connectors on the gimbal ribbon ports as well as the front vision sensors. I opted to use hot glue upon assembly as it's easier for me to remove in the future should I have to operate on the gimbal again. I also hit the camera cable with a dab of hot glue since it isn't glued from the factory and is the first thing to fail in a crash.

Maybe I should do a tutorial thread?

The cable is very intricate and small. All the old black silicone has to be removed from the 3 connectors on the gimbal ribbon ports as well as the front vision sensors. I opted to use hot glue upon assembly as it's easier for me to remove in the future should I have to operate on the gimbal again. I also hit the camera cable with a dab of hot glue since it isn't glued from the factory and is the first thing to fail in a crash.

100%!!! Video tutorial would be great but seeing that you already fixed it... I will take whatever I can. I checked f-stop and they are sold out. I bought one from. Alieexpress for 45.... hope it works lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

Mine fell from.about 6ft today, and the camera is completely dark but everything else works. Is it fixable? Or what should I do?

Mine fell from.about 6ft today, and the camera is completely dark but everything else works. Is it fixable? Or what should I do?
examine the ribbon cable in minute detail, maybe use a magnifying glass and light source, the break in mine is so very tiny its very difficult to see.

i made a detailed video on how to replace the cable on the mavic gimbal,
hopefully it helps someone.
It sure does, i have been watching your video many times to prepare myself for the ribbon cable replacement help.

Also i watched
****, she is good handling gimbal parts. :):)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan