DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky 5.5" Initial Review

yup thats how im using mine
That looks like it might get 'bottom heavy' and also not very comfortable. At least it's using the same dock though which is something I was hoping for. It just adds a lot of bulk to the remote too.

I like the look of it - not looking forward to the ridiculous price no doubt coming with it.

I like the look of it - not looking forward to the ridiculous price no doubt coming with it.
Well if we look at the existing mounts - 80 for the DJI bracket and 30 or so for the mounting plate made by whoever - so 110 or thereabouts.. if they are less than that then it's about right I guess.

That's ugly. The monitor has to be mounted upside down!
Kinda happy I ordered my 3rd party solution. I can't believe how shoddy that 'official' one is.

Could they make it ANY more obvious an after thought?

View attachment 16047

Red are controller arms. White is the plate. Blue is the clamp part of the plate. It can be at any position so the face of the monitor can be at any depth you want.

I like this idea. It doesn't have to be too complicated like every design I've seen so far. The monitor can be raised even higher like flushed to the controller so the buttons are all accessible and GNSS is not covered.

Reactions: jerryflah
I like this idea. It doesn't have to be too complicated like every design I've seen so far. The monitor can be raised even higher like flushed to the controller so the buttons are all accessible and GNSS is not covered.

and the battery goes where? In a cutout?

ok guys i finally got a full morning of filming with the 7.85" screen and mavic.

All I can say is this will be my go to screen. The extra size is awesome and omg can i see everything while flying.

I flew 3 packs back to back down to about 20% each in the FL sun and hte screen battery was at 67% running full brightness.

I did have 1 weird glitch / issue and im not sure what was going on... The first 1.5 batteries i flew had terrible lag on the screen. It was almost like some memory leak or something was causing the tablet to use all its resources. I tried power down the screen and back on between battery 1 and 2 but the issue remained... then all of a sudden the screen went black (flashed a error but i couldn't read it, almost like the go app crashed) so i hit the "back" button and the main screen showed up, launched DJ GO 4 app, and the drone was in place hovering and the footage for the remained of the battery was perfectly smooth and amazing.

The rest of the experience was perfect through the 3rd battery so im not sure what happened, but man was it nice not needing a sun shade.

Has anyone seen the go app crash?

Also beta is informed about the issues with live streaming.

From beta:
"Charging is not a bug, you can use the 5.5‘ with I2 RC without external battery, but not work for 7.85‘, and also, CrystalSky do not support charging via usb/usb c way"

take battery off the screen plug it into the included hub and get a p3 or newer charger

ok so you don't recharge battery with usb usb a or c..

Correct.

The 5.5" version can be used without the external battery while plugged into a suitable controller, but the Mavic controller is probably not up to the task given the small battery size, the I2 controller on the other-hand would do it very well...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_