DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dangerous Drone Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly there are always people that obey the rules and people ignore the rules even with licences.
We just introduced six points penalty for driving using a handheld mobile phone in the uk yet today still see people talking and driving.
What can you do upto the police to catch them and punish them.

I've always lived where they had laws for texting and talking while driving.

Then I moved to Arizona! What a great state! Here you don't have to wear a seatbelt even nor a helmet on a motorcycle! There's no hands free laws!

I can walk around with a .40 caliber handgun in open sight even. It's the norm here.

My guess is they will ban lots of things before drones.

#movetoarizona

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I've always lived where they had laws for texting and talking while driving.

Then I moved to Arizona! What a great state! Here you don't have to wear a seatbelt even nor a helmet on a motorcycle! There's no hands free laws!

I can walk around with a .40 caliber handgun in open sight even. It's the norm here.

My guess is they will ban lots of things before drones.

#movetoarizona

Wow, Land of free enjoy it while you can.

Reactions: tmr9999
Sadly there are always people that obey the rules and people ignore the rules even with licences.
We just introduced six points penalty for driving using a handheld mobile phone in the uk yet today still see people talking and driving.
What can you do upto the police to catch them and punish them.
Perhaps a year's driving suspension and a $10,000 fine would work!
Unfortunately, the automobile lobbyists and car makers would be able to prevent governments from implementing such drastic rules. Sad really.
Same holds true for drunk drivers and irresponsible drone flyers. They all fit into the same category.

Yosemite.gif

Where did I leave my Mavic?
I'll fly it where the hell I like.

And just how much credence do you really thing someone who obviously doesnt care for the rules is going to give a bunch of people who give negative feedback? All this gives them is "views." The rest falls on deaf ears.

And it isnt that they dont realize the danger - they just dont care.
Rules in Canada and the state's differs for drones. What are the rules in the states.

I totally disagree!!

I'm happy about the gun laws and the helmet laws.... Darwins Laws where based on this state... LOL
I believe next year liability insurance will be mandatory on drones

I believe next year liability insurance will be mandatory on drones
Good idea, I'm all for responsibility.

Lets leave off topic content out of this thread. No gun or political talk either as per the rules. Thank you.

56911036.jpg

Is this speculation or do you have a source?
Makes more and more sense now pilots are refusing to accept responsibility. May also help once the governments start cashing in on the taxes applied to insurances. Less likely to ban anything if it jeopardises a revenue stream.

In Canada the civil aviation agency said it will be standard soon but they are in the process of it and other rules. Public discussions are going on now so it's fair fair everyone

In Canada the civil aviation agency said it will be standard soon but they are in the process of it and other rules. Public discussions are going on now so it's fair fair everyone
Also been told it's going to change a few times over the next 5 years as police will be using them shortly as well in populated areas. They will have infrared for when there's suspects on the loose.

Also been told it's going to change a few times over the next 5 years as police will be using them shortly as well in populated areas. They will have infrared for when there's suspects on the loose.
....and the dunkin' donut basket option for collecting the order...Thumbswayup

Makes more and more sense now pilots are refusing to accept responsibility. May also help once the governments start cashing in on the taxes applied to insurances. Less likely to ban anything if it jeopardises a revenue stream.

I think insurance will be a tough law to pass. Think about things that cause harm and damage everyday that it's not required.

I also think before they require insurance they will have to step up the licensing requirements more towards that of a automobile driver.

Right now anyone can get registered.

Wow, talk about overreacting.

Millions of people have been using drones for years now. No one has EVER been seriously injured, let alone killed, by these things.

If drones were truly a threat to anyone, then we would know it by now.

You guys act like hundreds of lives are at stake here.

How about you all get some perspective and mind your own business?

What a dumb thread. I expect better on a drone forum.

Totally untrue. did you see the kid in England who got hit in the eye by a spinning propeller due to a phantom crash? i would consider losing an eye a serious injury... no?

Wow, talk about overreacting.

Millions of people have been using drones for years now. No one has EVER been seriously injured, let alone killed, by these things.

If drones were truly a threat to anyone, then we would know it by now.

You guys act like hundreds of lives are at stake here.

How about you all get some perspective and mind your own business?

What a dumb thread. I expect better on a drone forum.

Dumb thread?, tell that to this child and their parents

UK toddler Oscar Webb loses eye in UAV accident: 'People are the problem, not drones'

I think insurance will be a tough law to pass. Think about things that cause harm and damage everyday that it's not required.

I also think before they require insurance they will have to step up the licensing requirements more towards that of a automobile driver.

Right now anyone can get registered.

The first comment is non-sensical but I agree with the step up in licensing, again I'm not in the US but it seems as though the FAA licensing has no real stipulations. So will have to 'step up' the screening of pilots. I think electronic tags and access to flight logs will help those responsible pilots who follow the law.

Hi Patrick, the goal is to try and understand who our fellow hobbyists are. It's very frustrating reading some of the comments but without an open debate it's hard to understand how the drone future will progress. Are we seeing more educated people? Or less?

Your input is very welcome.

On the poor toddler in the story I totally agree and posted it previously to try and combat the very argument stressed by some of drones being safe. I myself have injured myself and had stitches a couple of time thanks to a little indoor droning.

A simple search on YouTube or Google will result in Hundreds of injuries from drones so its not really a sensible argument for people to use but I guess its used to gloss over the fact some refuse to accept that anyone flying in the sky's around us has a responsibility and duty to be safe.

Hi Patrick, the goal is to try and understand who our fellow hobbyists are. It's very frustrating reading some of the comments but without an open debate it's hard to understand how the drone future will progress. Are we seeing more educated people? Or less?

Your input is very welcome.

On the poor toddler in the story I totally agree and posted it previously to try and combat the very argument stressed by some of drones being safe. I myself have injured myself and had stitches a couple of time thanks to a little indoor droning.

A simple search on YouTube or Google will result in Hundreds of injuries from drones so its not really a sensible argument for people to use but I guess its used to gloss over the fact some refuse to accept that anyone flying in the sky's around us has a responsibility and duty to be safe.

I hope i don't come off as an elitist but I've been flying coax RC helis for about 15 years, flying DJI for about 3 since the Phantom 2 , IMHO it seems the lower the cost of entry and the greater the ease of use the more of this stuff I've started to see, not to say it didn't happen before but seems like the flood gates really opened up with the P3 Advanced and standard :( its great to see so many folks getting into the hobby/business but as with everything safety first. to me the lower cost and ease of use is a bittersweet thing in the overall context. in the past those who weren't respectful of their aircraft didn't have them for long and crashed before they could really do much damage....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661