DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dealing with pests

I was in my usual flying spot one day, pretty secluded, enjoying myself,
then from behind me I hear

"how high is that thing, are you spying on the neighbors, I don't see it are you too far out, are you supposed to be that far out, do you have enough battery to make it back, why do you like flying these, it don't look too fun,
how old are you, you should sell these on eBay and buy me something, did you fix the trim on the stairs yet, did you call the bank yet, what did they say, when are you going to fix the switch on the ceiling fan,will you take my car up and filled up with gas later... man I was having a fun time too!
I got to find me a new spot to fly.
Those questions sound oddly familiar...

This is common with RC and drones. Same questions too. The passive-agressive adults asking if I am spying on neighbors are my favorite. I always explain the whole "zoom problem" to people who are concerned about their privacy, that I would need a much more expensive drone to spy on them properly.

And yeah the kids who always beg to be able to fly it, easy answer: "nope".

Just tell them that the camera is no more powerful than the one on their phone. Ask them how much "spying" they could do with their phone...

I normally chat with them if they are genuinely interested or just curious.
I even had one who was the full on proper tin foil hat guy, i chatted with him purely as i didnt want to hurt his feelings although how i kept a staight face i dont know, it was hilarious the stuff he came out with.

But anyway, If they are A holes or just annoying, i normally start with "while you have a few minutes to spare, forget the boring drone , That's just a kids toy" "let me tell you all about my" - religion/sect/cult or whatever amusing thing i think up , strangely they suddenly seem to disappear as quickly as the arived :D

I normally chat with them if they are genuinely interested or just curious.
I even had one who was the full on proper tin foil hat guy, i chatted with him purely as i didnt want to hurt his feelings although how i kept a staight face i dont know, it was hilarious the stuff he came out with.

But anyway, If they are A holes or just annoying, i normally start with "while you have a few minutes to spare, forget the boring drone , That's just a kids toy" "let me tell you all about my" - religion/sect/cult or whatever amusing thing i think up , strangely they suddenly seem to disappear as quickly as the arived :D
Maybe have some Amway catalogs to show him.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes