DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DGI Goggles vs Epson Moverio BT-300

I'm debating whether or not to keep the goggles at this point. I really DO like the goggles so I'm hesitant to get rid of them but I'm not sure how often I'll actually use them either.

I'm thinking about that too. They have great immersion, and cool features such as head tracking that I will miss "somewhat". However, since I already have a buyer lined up, I think I'll sell them. As you mention, I really don't know how often I will use them. Plus, selling them will take a little of the 'sting' out of the cost of the Moverio's. I've already ordered the 'other' polarized sun shade from Rochester Optical.

Seems that the blinking RC and HD icons are supposed to indicate interference. I've never had this before. It also seems (based on the DJI forums) that it's not consistent and/or always meaningful. So unless it starts affecting my flight or range then I'm just going to try to ignore it. But a blinking light is hard to ignore!

Did you get any warnings about inconsistent firmware? I have the latest firmware installed on both my Mavic Pro and P4P, and when using the Moverio now I'm being prompted to update/downgrade the firmware. I have been using iOS. Also, when hovering with the P4P (without the firmware update) I'm getting a strange message when 'yawing' "Breaking Now! Return sticks to midpoint first". Looks like I need to get the firmware in sync before flying with the Moverio.

I am also getting the pixelation you mentioned, but no blinking lights other than the message.

EDIT: The warning message is due to the obstacle avoidance.. Same message using the Nvidia Shield, and when using iOS it said "Obstacle avoided, revise route!" (or something like that)

Last edited:
Did you get any warnings about inconsistent firmware? I have the latest firmware installed on both my Mavic Pro and P4P, and when using the Moverio now I'm being prompted to update/downgrade the firmware. I have been using iOS. Also, when hovering with the P4P (without the firmware update) I'm getting a strange message when 'yawing' "Breaking Now! Return sticks to midpoint first". Looks like I need to get the firmware in sync before flying with the Moverio.

I am also getting the pixelation you mentioned, but no blinking lights other than the message.

EDIT: The warning message is due to the obstacle avoidance.. Same message using the Nvidia Shield, and when using iOS it said "Obstacle avoided, revise route!" (or something like that)

No firmware notifications for me so far.

Well after reading these posts along with others I've just cancelled my goggles order with dji from yesterday. Hopefully, i'll have no problem getting a refund as monies not even taken from my bank account yet.
Anyway, as someone who needs reading glasses and after reading about the day to day issues and convenience of these goggle I'm put off.
Shame, but i'll have to wait for a version 2 or some other device to hit the market.

So I went to Lens Crafters today and got a full eye exam. 20/20 vision but he gave me a prescription for reading glasses and also took my pupillary measurements and wrote that down for me as well. He said my PD (Pulliam distance) is slightly narrower than average. That matches up exactly with what I'm noticing with these glasses.

So I went ahead and ordered the BT-300 inserts as well as the Rochester shade using the discount code Year1776 which was awesome because I basically got both of the items for the price of just the inserts (my total with shipping was $218!).

Once I get the inserts I'll report back with the results. Fingers crossed that this completely clears up the picture that I see with the glasses. If not then I'll use the ADB shell commands to reduce the resolution slightly and that should solve it. But - I'm shooting for the homerun option first.

Got a few more flights in tonight and these are definitely going to be my go-to. I need a better solution for mounting to my controller. I bought the first gen item off of Etsty but being that it has two pieces it's a bit too easy for it to come loose.

Gonna buy the latest and greatest from the same guy. It has a nice clip in with a title/swivel mechanism.

But anyway - the immersion is good enough with these glasses. I was very comfortably flying slowly a few feet off the ground and navigating around multiple objects.

These are a keeper for me.

So confused now, which ones to buy. Dji goggles or these!
I have both and for me personally... the Moverios will be my default flying equipment. I'm still debating whether to sell the goggles are not. Don't get me wrong - the goggles are awesome. They deliver a fantastic experience. But they are SO... BIG! And I don't love being blocked off from the world around me when I'm flying away from home.

You can't go wrong with either one really.

I have both and for me personally... the Moverios will be my default flying equipment. I'm still debating whether to sell the goggles are not. Don't get me wrong - the goggles are awesome. They deliver a fantastic experience. But they are SO... BIG! And I don't love being blocked off from the world around me when I'm flying away from home.

You can't go wrong with either one really.

That's what worries me about the goggles, your completely cut off from the world. I fly racing fpv quads and I like the immersion then but flying the Mavic is different. I want to see where it is and what's around it. The racing quads are $250 and are designed to take a beating and crash.

That's what worries me about the goggles, your completely cut off from the world. I fly racing fpv quads and I like the immersion then but flying the Mavic is different. I want to see where it is and what's around it. The racing quads are $250 and are designed to take a beating and crash.
Exactly. The goggles offer excellent immersion - probably even better than what you're used to with your racing quads.

But the MP is unique. There are clearly times when you want to see the MP and times when you're OK relying completely on the video feed. This is where the Moverios come in really, really strong. Not to mention, even the brightest of conditions are no longer an issue. With my iPad mini I was always concerned with the sunlight.

Exactly. The goggles offer excellent immersion - probably even better than what you're used to with your racing quads.

But the MP is unique. There are clearly times when you want to see the MP and times when you're OK relying completely on the video feed. This is where the Moverios come in really, really strong. Not to mention, even the brightest of conditions are no longer an issue. With my iPad mini I was always concerned with the sunlight.

I think I'm gonna buy the mov bt 300 on Amazon. Worse case, if I don't like them, I'll return it. How's the picture of the video feed with the bt 300?
What other components do i need to buy, i.e: cables to connect mavic controller to epson controller, etc...

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna buy the mov bt 300 on Amazon. Worse case, if I don't like them, I'll return it. How's the picture of the video feed with the bt 300?
What other components do i need to buy, i.e: cables to connect mavic controller to epson controller, etc...
Everything you need some with the BT-300's. There's a cable from the glasses to the Moverio touchpad (this can't be removed from the glasses... It's permanent). Thanks you use a standard USB cable (supplied) to go from the Moverio to the MP controller.

The video feed is excellent. Only issue is that the prisms on the glasses are a fixed width apart from each other. So if your eyes don't line up perfectly with them then the edges of the screen will be blurry. I think this can be fixed with the Rochester prescription lens inserts. I'm waiting for min to come in... Will update everyone on either I get them.

So confused now, which ones to buy. Dji goggles or these!
Received my BT300s last week (Amazon, jic) and sold my Goggles two days later.

One 'serious' flight so far.. Amazing in bright sunlight, and I can still see the Mavic (above/below/sides the screen) with the brightness turned up and using the darkest shade. I was able to hand-catch on a boat with the BT300s... NOT something I could ever do with the Goggles.. I think I'll be flying with the BT300s anytime I am not using Litchi or the new Drone Prix app. In those cases I'll likely use my Avegant Glyph, or just my iPhone/iPad. I will likely opt for the prescription insert from Rochester Optical for the BT300s. While the image is bright and clear while wearing my glasses, it could be a bit better and closer to my face.

Received my BT300s last week (Amazon, jic) and sold my Goggles two days later.

One 'serious' flight so far.. Amazing in bright sunlight, and I can still see the Mavic (above/below/sides the screen) with the brightness turned up and using the darkest shade. I was able to hand-catch on a boat with the BT300s... NOT something I could ever do with the Goggles.. I think I'll be flying with the BT300s anytime I am not using Litchi or the new Drone Prix app. In those cases I'll likely use my Avegant Glyph, or just my iPhone/iPad. I will likely opt for the prescription insert from Rochester Optical for the BT300s. While the image is bright and clear while wearing my glasses, it could be a bit better and closer to my face.
Good to hear! I'm loving mine as well! I've ordered the prescription inserts and the Rochester shade. They've already shipped the shade and they told me they are working on the prescription insert and that it can take 5-7 days so I'm guessing I'll have that by the end of next week.

For me, I think 90% of my flights will be with the BT-300's and the rest will be with my iPad mini.

And I think I've finally settled on the right solution to mount the touchpad to my controller. I tried a few products off Etsy and they are pretty good but still have flaws. So I'm using the base plate of my iPad Mav Mount (was using this and an iPad Pro but now I'm just using an iPad mini so I don't need the Mav Mount any longer) and velcro. Works beautifully.

Loving my BT-300's so far. They do have a few quirks. I went with Velcro for mounting as those mounts that come with them are just comical. The nose bridge needs some adjustment for me as it slides down on a hot day. The real PITA is that the BT-300 android interface draws power from which ever controller I'm using and drains the controller.....The Mavic controller depletes much faster when using the glasses. I could not find a setting to make it stop charging when plugged into USB. Anyone else have this issue or a solution?

Have guys seen this add on for Moverio ?

Solitaire Ace 2.0 (for BT-300) » Rochester Optical

Good option if you want a immersive condition.

The regular price is $99. They are doing a July 4th promotion (through July 5th) for $79. The Solitaire Ace VR goggle is really a nice add-on if you wan to fly FPV. It can also be used under the sunlight if you buy the Solitaire Ace sun shield, which magnetically attaches to the goggle and can be removed easily. Solitaire Ace 2.0 Polarized Sun Shield » Rochester Optical

**** I'm so close to buying these. Still tossed between this and dji googles. I think these for sure have more future potential with different apps from epson soming along.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan