DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DGI Goggles vs Epson Moverio BT-300

It's looks like my IPD is screwy too. I have some blurryness at the edges and not super clear. If I shift the glasses to right it gets better but other side goes bad. Must be ipd. I just had a physical and my vision was 20/15. It has to be my ipd which I never checked.
Did the Rochester prescription fix anyone's ipd issues ?

The regular price is $99. They are doing a July 4th promotion (through July 5th) for $79. The Solitaire Ace VR goggle is really a nice add-on if you wan to fly FPV. It can also be used under the sunlight if you buy the Solitaire Ace sun shield, which magnetically attaches to the goggle and can be removed easily. Solitaire Ace 2.0 Polarized Sun Shield » Rochester Optical
Be advised... The Solitaire Ace is not compatible with wearing glasses when using the Moverio. Hopefully they will work with the Rochester Rx Inserts.

So I took my first flight after aloooooot of issues getting go 4 loaded and working. And.......
I like them but I'm not 100% sold on them yet. I do like I can fly in sun. My big concern is getting the level of detail from screen to know the proper exposure and settting for a good shot.
I guess time will tell for the next week of so before I decide to return or not. Wish I can try dji goggles too.

One thing I noticed is the case when closed puts pressure on cord connection at the glasses. I wish they gave it another 1/4". I heard the cord is a weak point in some glasses.

Still waiting on mine to arrive. Will post my experience once I get them.
Meh... I got my inserts today and they do not correct for pupillary distance. I was skeptical that they would but... They don't. Not materially anyway.

I think if you really need a prescription then these are the way to go but they aren't likely going to solve your issues of the PPD not lining up to the prisms.

I have 20/20 vision but have recently started using reading glasses. These inserts have helped a tiny bit but not materially. And it may just be placebo effect. I switched back and forth and I THINK I'll stick with the inserts but the impact isn't earth shattering.

I'll now consider reducing the resolution size.

Meh... I got my inserts today and they do not correct for pupillary distance. I was skeptical that they would but... They don't. Not materially anyway.

I think if you really need a prescription then these are the way to go but they aren't likely going to solve your issues of the PPD not lining up to the prisms.

I have 20/20 vision but have recently started using reading glasses. These inserts have helped a tiny bit but not materially. And it may just be placebo effect. I switched back and forth and I THINK I'll stick with the inserts but the impact isn't earth shattering.

I'll now consider reducing the resolution size.
This is not good news for me, I have the same exact issue. Real bummer.

In preparation for ordering the BT-300, I wanted to measure my IPD to see if I would have a problem. I learned that the IPD is slightly less when you are focusing on something closer to you, rather than when you focus on something far away. Rochester doesn't say where to focus when taking your measurement. I imagine that for these glasses, you would want to focus on something close. Maybe that is your problem.

In preparation for ordering the BT-300, I wanted to measure my IPD to see if I would have a problem. I learned that the IPD is slightly less when you are focusing on something closer to you, rather than when you focus on something far away. Rochester doesn't say where to focus when taking your measurement. I imagine that for these glasses, you would want to focus on something close. Maybe that is your problem.
Maybe. But they asked for a measurement of PPD. Given that they are a specialty eyewear company I'd think they would make the necessary adjustments if it were impactful to the outcome.

I'm not paying another $200 to experiment any further though. LOL!

Maybe. But they asked for a measurement of PPD. Given that they are a specialty eyewear company I'd think they would make the necessary adjustments if it were impactful to the outcome.

I'm not paying another $200 to experiment any further though. LOL!
OK I think I read somewhere that the BT-300 is set up for a default IPD of 70mm. I just measured mine and it is exactly that, so I hope everything will be clear. I went ahead and ordered them, based in large part on your and Johnic's reviews. So thanks. I cancelled my DJI Goggle order.

OK I think I read somewhere that the BT-300 is set up for a default IPD of 70mm. I just measured mine and it is exactly that, so I hope everything will be clear. I went ahead and ordered them, based in large part on your and Johnic's reviews. So thanks. I cancelled my DJI Goggle order.
I can and should still say that the BT-300's are still my go-to product even with the slight blurring around the edges. They would be nearly perfect without that.

How did you measure your PPD? I had mine done by an optometrist... didn't know you could actually measure you're own!

Hopefully your pupils line up with their prisms. You'll be good to go if so. I hope your like the BT-300's. I truly think they are great! Let us know what you think once you try them out.

Here is a good site that explains PD and how to measure. It is actually pretty simple. They also explain about near and far PD, and why most optometrists only measure PD for distance. There is also a lot of good info about why it is important to get a good measurement.

My BT-300s should be here in two days. I will definitely post my impressions here.

Be advised... The Solitaire Ace is not compatible with wearing glasses when using the Moverio. Hopefully they will work with the Rochester Rx Inserts.

The Rx inserts will fit Solitaire Ace as long as they are not bifocals.

If your Rx insert doesn't correct the IPD issues, you should contact Rochester Optical because that's what they promised, or your money back.

Last edited:
The Rx inserts will fit Solitaire Ace as long as they are not bifocals.

If your Rx insert doesn't correct the IPD issues, you should contact Rochester Optical because that's what they promised, or your money back.
You sure about the Rochester Optical thing? Their RX insert didn't fix my IPD issue at all. In fact I can get closer to fixing it myself by bending the original nose gear. If this is the case then I'll call them and see if they can try again or refund my money.

Here is a good site that explains PD and how to measure. It is actually pretty simple. They also explain about near and far PD, and why most optometrists only measure PD for distance. There is also a lot of good info about why it is important to get a good measurement.

My BT-300s should be here in two days. I will definitely post my impressions here.
Where did you order them from. I just noticed Amazon isn't carrying them anymore.

Where did you order them from. I just noticed Amazon isn't carrying them anymore.
Ordered the FPV version from B&H Photo this morning. Scheduled to deliver tomorrow. Amazon is still selling the Dev version, but they wanted $48 tax. B&H has expedited free shipping, no tax and 30 day money back guarantee. I hope they still include the Rochester shades.

Ordered the FPV version from B&H Photo this morning. Scheduled to deliver tomorrow. Amazon is still selling the Dev version, but they wanted $48 tax. B&H has expedited free shipping, no tax and 30 day money back guarantee. I hope they still include the Rochester shades.
Sweet. Let's us know how you like um. I flew again today and still love them. The fact I can stand in sunny conditions and have no issues seeing is awesome.
I 3D printed a nice holder and also bought a good briaded 6" micro USB 90 deg to connect epson controller to the remote you might want to look into.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes