DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DGI Goggles vs Epson Moverio BT-300

Very good points. Are they worth the $800 ? Are they that good?

Very good points. Are they worth the $800 ? Are they that good?
Hmm, well.. $800 is more than I would have liked to paid, but if it boils down to cost per use.. in the end they will be less expensive per use than the Goggles. I really didn't think I would use the DJI Goggles much, which is why I sold them.

Hmm, well.. $800 is more than I would have liked to paid, but if it boils down to cost per use.. in the end they will be less expensive per use than the Goggles. I really didn't think I would use the DJI Goggles much, which is why I sold them.
True. I don't feel I'd use the goggles much seeing how clumsy and big they are. I don't think I'd like being totally cut off from the outside world.
Worse case if I don't like them, I'll return them to Amazon.

Worse case if I don't like them, I'll return them to Amazon.
Thats what I did too.... obviously ended up keeping them.

btw, yesterday I found an app in the Moverio store that works with iPlay.. "Mirroring360 AirPlay Receiver" My plan is to try it with Litchi (just as a display device) when its too bright outside to see my iPhone/iPad clearly.

Thats what I did too.... obviously ended up keeping them.

btw, yesterday I found an app in the Moverio store that works with iPlay.. "Mirroring360 AirPlay Receiver" My plan is to try it with Litchi (just as a display device) when its too bright outside to see my iPhone/iPad clearly.

Sweet!
Is the Moverio store accessed via the goggles only or can browse the store via laptop now ?

One question what version DjI 4 is on the App Store? Is it possible to get older versions?
Not sure, but I noticed that it was just updated yesterday... Guess I'll to install the upgrade it before my next flight.

Not sure, but I noticed that it was just updated yesterday... Guess I'll to install it before my next flight.
Ok... Only reason I ask is I'm using the older version on iOS so I don't have to go through all of the geofencing issues & constraints.

Another question. Is the image quality good enough so that when an adjustment is made to ISO, shutter speed, filters added etc. that you can see the clarity and changes in the goggle display ?
Is the tap to shut off camera view working ?

Last edited:
Another question. Is the image quality good enough so that when an adjustment is made to ISO, shutter speed, filters added etc. that you can see the clarity and changes in the goggle display ?
Is the tap to shut off camera view working ?
Yes. The image quality if absolutely good enough to notice these changes.

I spent an entire two batteries taking sunset photos the other night using multiple settings and the differences were very clear.

Just printed a holder for it. Ready to order it.

Attachments

• IMG_1529.JPG
    IMG_1529.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Reactions: mathis1972
Yes. The image quality if absolutely good enough to notice these changes.

I spent an entire two batteries taking sunset photos the other night using multiple settings and the differences were very clear.
Perfect. Thanks for letting me know.

Just printed a holder for it. Ready to order it.
Nice! I keep telling myself I need to get a 3D printer. I've opted for the velcro route for now. I'll second the comment that the image in the BT-300's is very good for maintaining compostion etc. The sun can get a bit too bright depending on it's angle and where you are standing, I find that wearing a baseball cap works great. I think I'm going to purchase some better nose pads and a strap to hold the glasses in place better. they are fine as is but after a while in the direct sun one starts to sweat and the glasses slip/slide which takes the image out of your FOV.......I will say that the BT-300's are not very forgiving in that regard, there is really only one precise placement on your face/nose that allows you to see the image clearly.

Ordered it last night ! Always get buyers guilt when spending that much - lol. Hope they perform for me like they do for u guys.

Ordered it last night ! Always get buyers guilt when spending that much - lol. Hope they perform for me like they do for u guys.
Yea. It's definitely a lot to spend for a fairly frivolous thing. I mean, my iPad mini 4 works PERFECTLY fine AND I also have the goggles. It's getting ridiculous honestly! LOL!

I think I'm going to sell my goggle though. Figure $350 ought to generate some decent interest.

$800 is steep. I normally wouldn't pay that much for these...they are worth half that IMO BUT for what they allow me to do they will pay for themselves in a short time. They do take some getting used to. Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman