DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did DJI really get black listed in the USA?

RuudF

Reactions
I read that the US government black listed DJI because of its contacts with the Chinese government.

Can anyone confirm and further elaborate on this?

Thanks

Ruud

I read it today also on Dpreview's website.
It took effect immediately
(Dus ik denk dat het waar is, Ruud.)

Some posts say to buy your DJI drone soon, in case that ability is thwarted. Then I saw a post yesterday where poster was postponing intended DJI drone purchase until this shook out.

Dont know if/how it’ll effect us wrt upgrades or otherwise.

Well, it prevents them from using American parts in their products. I'm quite sure they do not.

Well, it prevents them from using American parts in their products. I'm quite sure they do not.
You could be confident they use USA tech though, last I looked Movidius and Intel are US entities. As are Texas Instruments.

Some posts say to buy your DJI drone soon, in case that ability is thwarted. Then I saw a post yesterday where poster was postponing intended DJI drone purchase until this shook out.

Dont know if/how it’ll effect us wrt upgrades or otherwise.
Worth reading this thread:

The bottom line is that being on the US Entity List has no effect on the sales of products. It only affects the export or transfer of technologies by US companies to manufacturers on the list. Even then, it’s not an outright ban as anyone wishing to export can still apply for permission to do so.

There’s a lot of scaremongering going on over this (unsurprisingly, some from US drone manufacturers) but, unless things change significantly in the future, it shouldn’t affect consumers buying DJI products.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu