DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI and knowledge quiz for U.S. users

I failed the test and now I have to send them a urine sample.
That'll be in the next update, you'll need to prove you're not under the influence before it will take off.

Reactions: VJRice
Is uninstalling then reinstalling the app solving this problem in IOS? I'm hesitant to upgrade unless it does.
I am reading that signing out, then signing back in fixes the multiple testing.

We should all send in a stool sample. LOL Thats what I think about all this crap. Dang all we want to do is fly and now we have to spend time with all this nonsense. Ridiculousness

So, while we are there in the middle of nowhere sometimes and ready to fly and cannot coz we need to take a test 1st?
Hey fellow-pilot I know how ya feel. I had been flying this mavic for about 5-6 weeks, and had a Bebop2 before that. So I wasnt exactly Charles Lindbergh but I didnt need a quiz. I tried to duck it several times and then it started inverting my iphone display. Oh I could fly OK, but I had to hold everything upside down.****** Soo I took the stupid test. I got most right the 1st time, but if you miss it just keep guessing till you get a green check. After about 10 questions It went away. And my screen has played rightside up since then. I dont know if the screen problem was a punishment or just coincidence. Kinda odd tho. What I would like to know from anyone out there is this...IS IT GONE?? Will the dreaded quiz come back? Anyone know out there

Last edited by a moderator:
No way! It’s the principle of it. There was no requirement when I bought the Mavic. I have been flying it for a year now and studied all the rules long before I bought it. Had it a couple months and took the Part 107 test just for kicks and got a 98 on it. I have been a corporate Pilot for over 34 years and know the regs. Been flying RC for many years. I can understand if they made it clear on all new purchases that the quiz was required but not retroactive. Everyone is saying just take the quiz it only take a few minutes. Love my Mavic but not going to jump thru their hoops! I have jumped thru my own country’s hoops and that’s fine, but not thru a company hoops that I purchased their product a year ago and now want me to take their quiz to continue to fly their product. DJI, refund my money and I will return all the products I purchased from them.

I skipped the quiz 4 times. The next flight it didnt ask. I get several hundred feet up and guess what pops up on my screen without warning or permission. I had no view of the craft as I was using fpv. Couldn't back out or exit and reenter the app. So I just clicked away until the crap went away then recovered my bird. TAKE MY ADVICE, GO AHEAD AND TAKE THE QUIZ. I was lucky my aircraft wasn't damaged. I did lose confidence flying my drone because of this. DJI should never take control of your device and leave you blind in the sky!!

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Has anyone resolved this mess?? I was in the middle of a flight, well out of my sight, and the app suddenly turned on the test!! I was blind for a long time while I shut down everything and reconnected. Is there a way to access this "test" online and make it never appear again?? I can foresee a disaster if this happens at the wrong time!

Has anyone resolved this mess?? I was in the middle of a flight, well out of my sight, and the app suddenly turned on the test!! I was blind for a long time while I shut down everything and reconnected. Is there a way to access this "test" online and make it never appear again?? I can foresee a disaster if this happens at the wrong time!

Easy way to get rid of the mess is to back rev the Go4 app, get everything stable, and then turn OFF all autosync/update/wifi signal/airplane mode on your phone/tablet, and you should be good. Yes, this includes the OS updates to your phone!!

Always let the AC phone home when you want it too....

How far back would I need to go to get DJI GO that doesn't require this silly test??
When it popped up yesterday, I wasn't around any wi-fi signal, so it just sat there waiting for wifi, leaving me with a dead screen and a drone completely out of sight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes