DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI announcement on May 15

If you ignore an entire screen on the front and 2 hour battery life.
Not so much.
I went through the technical data. Sensor size, Resolution/FPS, etc. Of course there are some differences, most obvious the front screen. But nothing ground breaking in the specs.

After watching a few videos:
BUT what I "feared" has happened: the image quality is better than the GPH7. Like the Pocket already has the better image. Colors seem also be a nicer out of cam but that's nothing you can't fix in post. I'm still happy with my GPH7 and won't ditch it for the Osmo Action. If I'd have to buy a new one, I'd go for the Osmo, definitely.

Reactions: Former Member
I'm still happy with my GPH7 and won't ditch it for the Osmo Action
I suspect the majority of existing GPH7 owners will do this too. For anyone looking for an action camera though, the new features on the OSMO Action might make it a better buy considering the price is the same.

I love all DJI products and I love how this cam looks but it's hardly any different than my Gopro Hero 7 so I'll skip this one. Maybe the next model will offer more.

I suspect the majority of existing GPH7 owners will do this too. For anyone looking for an action camera though, the new features on the OSMO Action might make it a better buy considering the price is the same.
Yes, I agree. I'll be sticking with my Hero7Black for now which I'm finding I'm using more than my osmo pocket.

One feature of the Osmo Action that nobody has mentioned is that you can use a standard USB-C cable to 3.5mm microphone jack . You don't have to pay £50 for a bulky plastic box that doesn't mount anywhere and is half the size of the camera!! (Hero 7) or even £30 for a custom plug that sticks out of the Osmo Pocket.

For vloggers this feature, coupled with the front screen makes the Osmo Action the top choice at the moment IMHO.

If only it had come out 3 months ago before I bought the Hero7 & Osmo Pocket - and £80 worth of audio adaptors!!! Mugg :-(

One feature of the Osmo Action that nobody has mentioned is that you can use a standard USB-C cable to 3.5mm microphone jack . You don't have to pay £50 for a bulky plastic box that doesn't mount anywhere and is half the size of the camera!! (Hero 7) or even £30 for a custom plug that sticks out of the Osmo Pocket.
Actual testing would show that they do not work and an more expensive adaptor is needed, just like the Hero 7. Difference there... GoPro almost _never_ has their adaptor in stock. When it is, it sells out in a few hours and then is not seen again for months.

IN DJI's case, the mic adaptor that will be needed is not for sale at this time. So it's price is unknown. On that note, does anyone see that basically the DJI product is almost an exact _copy_ of the Hero 7? I mean, it is not even funny. It is like they took the Hero, copied 99% of it and then worked to change just a few things.

BTW - if you have the Hero 7 and the mic adaptor you _NEED_ to get one of these:

It is a _great_ case that will make your life complete.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J