DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI App issues & Tablet Recommendations

After getting a few flights in with the new mini 4, I have to say I'm pretty happy. Much larger viewing screen, which should help when trying to capture great images. I had no issues whatsoever running the DJI Go app on the ipad. Worked flawless! The ipad I purchased does have a cellular connection with Verizon. So far, I'd highly suggest this setup.
I'm setting up the same way. ie. mini4 cell wifi capable. Did you have to worry about what version go4 to use?

I have been using a Mini4 for a couple months now. Great device, no problems.

Have been running GO4 4.1.16. Waiting to hear how .17 is performing before I update. So far I haven't heard anything negative about 4.1.17. I also am running iOS 11.1, and most current FW on the MP.

Reactions: Fitzsy
I guess I'll try the latest Go 4 app since its a new MP and new mini 4. See what happens . I bet these forum people will help fix if it doesn't work.

Went through setup. Out of the box. Everything worked perfectly. Used up two batteries. Other than a low temp warning (29 degrees). Had lots of fun. Wife tried too. Thanks to all! Guess I was too apprehensive.

After getting a few flights in with the new mini 4, I have to say I'm pretty happy. Much larger viewing screen, which should help when trying to capture great images. I had no issues whatsoever running the DJI Go app on the ipad. Worked flawless! The ipad I purchased does have a cellular connection with Verizon. So far, I'd highly suggest this setup.
Iowa-
Do you have the Amazon part number for the Lighting 90 degree adapter cable
I am in the process of doing the same as you with the Mini 4
Thanks,
Bill C

Here are some 90 degree Lightning cables that'll work:

Last edited:
Drone Valley also sells a shorter cable 20 cm and 30 cm with the 90 degree end
I don't know if I'd go with a 20 cm cable. That might be shorter than you want for a tablet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569