DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 Flight Data Viewer - HOW?

These files are basic logs and hold WAY less useful data than the DATs.

You could try the thread I posted with a method to remove and reinstall the drivers that give you access to the card, it fixed those issues in previous versions. I don't feel like updating to 1000 to try though, so you'll have to experiment yourself.

Hmmm. They are uppercase DAT files as you asked for. Do I need lowercase dat files? Well onto my next project. How do I get those files?

Hmmm. They are uppercase DAT files as you asked for. Do I need lowercase dat files? Well onto my next project. How do I get those files?
My mistake. There is another set of .dat (lower case) files somewhere. Those aren't the right ones either. The .DAT files you want are on the Mavic itself. Look here for info about retrieving them. If you aren't on FW v01.03.1000 don't upgrade. There is a bug with v01.03.1000 that prevents extracting the .DATs. Supposedly, that will be fixed in the next update.

Followed those instructions. The issue remains the same when trying to view in DJI Assistant 2; there are no entries in Flight Data (Flight Record in the instructions you gave). I have yet to figure this one out. Below are some screenshots. I'm to the point of giving up. My firmware as you can see Is V01.03.1000- This is the best I can do.

Attachments

• IMG_4812.JPG
    IMG_4812.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4813.JPG
    IMG_4813.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 22
Followed those instructions. The issue remains the same when trying to view in DJI Assistant 2; there are no entries in Flight Data (Flight Record in the instructions you gave). I have yet to figure this one out. Below are some screenshots. I'm to the point of giving up. My firmware as you can see Is V01.03.1000- This is the best I can do.
Watch this thread

Access Flight Data after firmaware up data to v01.03.1000

When DJI fixes this problem you'll see something posted there. Unless there are instructions in that thread to the contrary go to

How to retrieve a .DAT

to see how to retrieve a .DAT

Thanks for all your help. Seems we are out of luck until the next update. Seems you and I both were trying to solve this today (maybe you were because I asked). The Customer Service you got from DJI must have been superb. The individual I reached (Asian Kristina) was not knowledgeable at all

Hy guys,
i confirm that from DJI support we haven't support...
I've discovered that now all .dat files are situated on memory of smartphone: with android devices you can find .dat under DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecords.

To open a .dat file, you have to open manually from your computer viewer.exe (C:\Program Files\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant)

I've discovered that now all .dat files are situated on memory of smartphone: with android devices you can find .dat under DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecords.

To open a .dat file, you have to open manually from your computer viewer.exe (C:\Program Files\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Assistant)
Those aren't the DAT files that contain the flight information. The DAT flight logs are only stored on the Mavic.

Those aren't the DAT files that contain the flight information. The DAT flight logs are only stored on the Mavic.
It was like you are writing until some some month ago; I have purchased my mavic on June and all DAT files were situated on mavic.
After some firmware update (I don't know exactly which version) Dji decided to store the DAT files on smartphone: I have discovered it some week ago chatting with dji support.
So, if you have the last firmware installed, if you follow my procedure you'll be able to download, open and analyze all flight data: I'm doing in this way and it works perfectly!

It was like you are writing until some some month ago; I have purchased my mavic on June and all DAT files were situated on mavic.
After some firmware update (I don't know exactly which version) Dji decided to store the DAT files on smartphone: I have discovered it some week ago chatting with dji support.
So, if you have the last firmware installed, if you follow my procedure you'll be able to download, open and analyze all flight data: I'm doing in this way and it works perfectly!
The .DAT situated on the smartphone has been there for quite some time - long before the recent FW update. After that FW update the .DAT is still located on the Mavic but extracting it is different now and can be tricky. Look here for instructions. The smartphone .DAT doesn't have a lot of the info found on the .DAT from the Mavic itself. Also, the info it does have can be missing since a good downlink is required to transmit the info to the smartphone.

Hi,
thanks for your informations!
But in my case I have all .dat files only in my smartphone, no other .dat files are available; and opening .dat files I can analyze all data with DJI Assistant (as explained by DJI)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1