DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 won’t start

bobfa100

Reactions
Assistant won’t load and throws a unusual error box. Turns out DJI hasn’t renewed their “signed certicate” and it has expired. Here’s the error box:

403b37fac7bc5bd999c2e8a1d1bf374b.jpg

Here’s DJI’s response:

I appreciate you providing the information we need to escalate this issue in the DJI Assistant 2.

According to our Engineers they have found the cause of the issue and they are currently working on it. During this period you can install or run DJI Assistant 2 software using a computer with Windows 7,8 or Mac.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.
If you have any other concern don't hesitate to reach us.
Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards,

Benz
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Assistant won’t load and throws a unusual error box. Turns out DJI hasn’t renewed their “signed certicate” and it has expired. Here’s the error box:

Here’s DJI’s response:

I appreciate you providing the information we need to escalate this issue in the DJI Assistant 2.

According to our Engineers they have found the cause of the issue and they are currently working on it. During this period you can install or run DJI Assistant 2 software using a computer with Windows 7,8 or Mac.

Best Regards,

Benz
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works for me.

Reactions: dirkclod
I also have this problem on a Windows 10 (Lenovo Thinkpad with an Intel i7).

I un-installed DJI Assistant but after a re-install, I got the same error message.

Try downloading it from this site instead. This worked for me. It’s an older version of assistant 2 but I can’t tell a difference so I just use it anyway. Maybe that’s why it worked for me.

Note: you’ll have to click the link above from your computer browser as it’s a direct download link. This link was taken from flyflydrones.com.

Try downloading it from this site instead. This worked for me. It’s an older version of assistant 2 but I can’t tell a difference so I just use it anyway. Maybe that’s why it worked for me.

Note: you’ll have to click the link above from your computer browser as it’s a direct download link. This link was taken from flyflydrones.com.
Hi Brett thanks for the help, but after successful install of the app anothe rproblem kicks in it does not recognize my mavic pro 2 and also its crashes saying that the drive has a problem.

Here’s DJI’s response:

Best Regards,

Benz
DJI Technical Support
I got the same warning message. Went to youtube, searched using that message and got several videos walking you thru the fix. It was easy and worked.

Hi Brett thanks for the help, but after successful install of the app anothe rproblem kicks in it does not recognize my mavic pro 2 and also its crashes saying that the drive has a problem.

Mine always says the drive has a problem but it doesn’t. I’m pretty sure other people use this version of Assistant 2 with their Mavic 2s because it’s the version you need if you want to change parameters. Does anybody else have a Mavic 2 that can confirm if Assistant 2 1.2.2 works with the Mavic 2 or not please

Reactions: brett8883
They got revoked by the CA.

A bit more background: the CA DJI were using, WoSign, and their partner CA, StartCom, were busted for mis-issuing certificates and other bad practices in 2016. Apple, Google, and Mozilla de-trusted their root certificate back in 2017 - essentially revoking all their certificates *for* them (with a bit of a grace period for users of existing certs to migrate to a new CA). Looks like a combination of Microsoft finally deciding to pull the plug as well, and WoSign actually revoking all their certs as part of shutting down their business.

More here and here.

Reactions: brett8883
It appears to me, as an old timer that these guys are so caught up with there computer data ...It is taking them in cyclonic circles....they get so dizzy they do not know where to get off...Boeing Max 8 comes to mind.
It would appear allot of DJI Drones will be grounded as well .

Here’s DJI’s response:

Best Regards,

Benz
DJI Technical Support

I managed to make it works by disabling the UAC in Windows 10:
Here is my procedure:
Open Registry Editor.
Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. ...
In the right pane, modify the value of the EnableLUA DWORD value and set it to 0: ...
Restart your computer.

In another similar topic I had posted a Onedrive link to the installer with the signature stripped. I was then successful in installing this version.

Reactions: Kistou
I managed to make it works by disabling the UAC in Windows 10:
Here is my procedure:
Open Registry Editor.
Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System. ...
In the right pane, modify the value of the EnableLUA DWORD value and set it to 0: ...
Restart your computer.
An easier method is to launch the installer from a command prompt in administrator mode.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15