DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji assistant issue

wytnyt

Reactions
i tried installing dji assistant for windows pc but appears im not finding the correct version,one shows for phantom,another just shows a screen with a usb cable connecting to a pc but nothing else?
also ive read here i should be able to connect the mavic to show as a drive but after trying on 2 windows pc's,numerous usb ports/cables i get nothing
any help plz

Sounds like a USB driver issue

Sounds like a USB driver issue
sounds like a usb issue also but i find it hard to see why 2 computers would fail to install the driver,can i download it somewhere?

Hey, I tried installing the app. What I found was my old old old old.. did I mention old? laptop installed just fine, albeit slow.

The Alienware desktop did not. When I looked in the windows event log, it had an issue with the network driver, thus the captcha did not appear and I could not log in.

If you look at the install on the PC that let you install it and see a USB connecting to a PC, then can you see "Login" in the upper right corner?

If you click that, does anything appear?

It "appears" to use your default browser settings, btw, I could be wrong on that.

So, if you get a pop-up screen, and try to log in and it does not show a CAPTCHA, try making a new account and seeing if it lets you log in.

I did, and it let me, until I tried to log out and back in and then, of course, needed the captcha.

It only needs the captcha if you are logging in, not if creating a new account.

That pointed to the issue it had with the network card.

I have an intel card being shipped to me and should be here Saturday and I am going to try to wipe the old stuff off and install the new card and see if it likes that better.

Will update after that.

Russ

I am on a Win32 PC (quite old) and using Assistant 1.1.6.
Assistant screens shows a keyboard and a USB cable.
No problem to connect the AC/RC FW 01.04.000

Did you switch the Mavic on? You could try powering on before and after plugging the USB.
If you still have issue, go to computer/system properties/ device manager/ and check for possible USB driver not recognized, indicated with a "?".

I am on a Win32 PC (quite old) and using Assistant 1.1.6.
Assistant screens shows a keyboard and a USB cable.
No problem to connect the AC/RC FW 01.04.000

Did you switch the Mavic on? You could try powering on before and after plugging the USB.
If you still have issue, go to computer/system properties/ device manager/ and check for possible USB driver not recognized, indicated with a "?".
ok will do
can you point me where the app is for win 7 x64 users?
thx

thats the app i tried,i can log in but nothing elsegoober.png

I remember reading something about some Virus/malware protection software block the installation of the USB driver that is included within the install package. Try a complete uninstall of the DJI Assistant, reboot and reinstall with all virus protection disabled that includes Window Defender

I see to recall this issue from back in the day as well and as I recall I needed to right click and install as ADMINISTRATOR.
That was going to be the 2nd step that I provided to him...thanks!

i got a popup for driver install that showed it installrd

the install went good but no all i can do is login,i think ill try it on my tablet and see how it goes

May be you should forget about Assistant and concentrate on the connection.

Even w/o Assistant open, if you plug the USB cable in your mavic and PC, then switch on the Mavic, the micro USB card should be recognized and you should have access to it (I usually have a first a pop up asking if I want to scan the disk which should be ignored)

If it does not work, then indeed you have a USB cable/driver issue.

(I'm on Win32/Win7 for what is worth...)

Reactions: wytnyt
odd im not seeing an issue in my devices tho

May be worth trying another cable (I suppose you use the DJI stock cable)? And make sure you switch the Mavic on after plugin the USB.
Windows should react and either recognize the USB card or complain about the driver...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tansh